Come Away My Beloved by Frances J. Roberts

Come Away My Beloved

by Frances J. Roberts

This is by far, with no exaggeration, one of the most helpful devotional books I have ever read. Frances J. Roberts was a graduate of Moody Bible Institute, and served Christ as a poet, songwriter of 88 published hymns, and authour of nine books that have sold over 1.5 million copies. There comes a time in the Christian life where our spiritual growth daily requires the kind of increasingly deep nourishment that can come only by way of engaging with the scriptures as if starved for food. Frances Roberts serves that food with a prophetic edge; faithful to the scriptures, passage after passage is arranged with a prophet's spirit, a pastor's heart, and a poet's art. If ever you've felt devotional reading dry, or scripture detached from your experience, Robert's work can model for you a means of engaging with the scriptures in a satiating way. If you've been feeling distant from God, or burdened, Robert's work is filled with comfort and grace. Indeed, this book is a gift to the church, and should be celebrated in the course of our praise to God. ( )
  PastorBob | May 28, 2013 |
Comfort :) ( )
  sjclance | Dec 1, 2007 |

The best selling devotional classic, Come Away My Beloved, proclaims the encouragement, hope, comfort, and convictions of the Heavenly Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. It will be equally helpful to new Christians as to long-time believers seeking spiritual renewal. Come Away My Beloved offers instruction for successful Christian living and inspiration for deeper devotion to God. Come Away My Beloved will draw readers more closely to the Father's side.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:30 -0400)

This powerful book has touched countless lives-reminding readers of the Lord's invitation to come away and experience His all-sufficient care and provision. A book forged in the crucible of life, Come Away My Beloved shares the ministering spirit of the heavenly Father to those in need of encouragement, hope, comfort, and conviction. Equally helpful to new Christians or longtime believers seeking spiritual renewal, Come Away My Beloved offers instruction for successful Christian living and inspiration for deeper devotion to God. This classic book has been updated for ease of reading and incorporates Scripture from the New King James Version.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,963,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible