The Other Side of Dark by Joan Lowery Nixon

The Other Side of Dark

by Joan Lowery Nixon

Recently added byrasuli, monstruary, mhagenberg, private library, cnpinkston, Shashlic, VeronicaCrothers

Joan Lowery Nixon was one of my favorite authors in high school. This was the first book of hers I've read. It was good enough to peak my interest to look for other books by her but actually ended up being on my least favorite from her.

Stacy wakes up to learn she was in a coma for four years and the man who shot her also killed her mother. This book is from the mid 1980's so it was kind of flat throughout but it covered some good issues as Stacy had to get used to her new life and I really liked some of the descriptions. I also thought the ending was good. This author always delivers a twist. ( )
  simply00complex | Jun 11, 2011 |
This book was alright. It was a mystery which I liked, but I think it could've been written better. ( )
  cuozzo41085 | May 21, 2011 |
Given that this book was written in 1986, it was very boring and predictable. The characters had little depth, especially Stacy, the main character. Her father mentions, about half way through the book, that she has yet to mourn her mother’s death but we never see that scene in the book. Also, a lawyer mentions survivor’s guilt to Stacy but she doesn’t really touch on those feelings either. The book ended too neat and tidy; the bad guy caught and the attractive, the overly helpful Jeff turns out to be an undercover cop who’s in love with Stacy and willing to wait, and Stacy showing nothing but happiness. I would not recommend this book. ( )
  dcastillo | Apr 18, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440966388, Mass Market Paperback)

Stacy wakes up in a room that's not hers, in a  body she doesn't recognize, to discover she's been  in a coma for four years. Her mother is  dead--murdered--and Stacy, recovering from a gunshot wound, is  the only eyewitness to her mother's  murder.

She can recall only a shadowy face, so far. But  the killer is not about to let her reveal his  identity...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:56 -0400)

Seventeen-year-old Stacy awakens from a four-year coma ready to identify, locate, and prosecute the young man who murdered her mother and wounded her.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,468,419 books! | Top bar: Always visible