The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

The Battle of the Labyrinth

by Rick Riordan

The Odyssey by Homer (Jitsusama)
    Jitsusama: An ancient classic revolving around Greek Myth. A great help to better understand the mythology of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
    D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire (saltypepper)
    saltypepper: More accessible than Homer for younger and/or reluctant readers, plus beautifully illustrated.
    The Iliad by Homer (Jitsusama)

English (253)  Spanish (2)  Finnish (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  French (1)  All languages (259)
I have to say, that this is my favorite book so far, in this series. Everything was amped up, the mythology, the relationships *cough* Percy and Annabeth *cough*, the characters, just everything. Probably my favorite thing about this series, is how realistically the people, behave in their various relationships and states of mind, it is really fascinating. Now I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Greek gods for the win! Yeah! ( )
  marie2830 | Sep 2, 2018 |
Glad I gave this one a chance. I liked it better than the 2nd & 3rd books. The characters had more depth. This one developed a little more romantic conflict and brought it a couple of cool new characters. Now the child who lent me this one is bringing me the next. (sigh.) ( )
  CSKteach | Jul 20, 2018 |
Though it's been a while since I've read the last book, delving into this story was just like catching up with a friend I haven't seen in years and able to pick up right where I left off.
Percy Jackson has had a confusing, difficult and yet fun time of thing since finding out that he's a demigod and his Dad just happens to be Poseidon. This year will be the most difficult yet and he will learn a lot about himself, the Gods and his friends.
When Percy and his friends learn that Luke may have found a hidden way into Camp Half Blood to destroy his fellow demigods and Kronos is on the rise, they learn that the only possible way to stop Kronos could lie in going through a Labyrinth to locate Daedalus who created the Labyrinth and could be a big help in stopping the evil Titan Kronos. Percy sets out on a quest with his friend Annabelle, half brother Tyson and best friend Grover who is seeking to find Pan and save the wild.
Things don't go quite as planned, treachery is at hand, friendships are strengthened and wills are being tested and a betrayal lies in wait that will shock nearly everyone.
I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. Riordan has an amazing way of combining Greek Mythology with modern times and tossing in laughter from time to time.
I was very surprised about a few characters and twists along the way that constantly kept me guessing.
There were areas where I was laughing out loud and others in which I felt bad for a few of the characters.
Percy and many of his friends are still growing into their powers and once they do, it will be a sight to see.
Overall, I very much enjoyed this book and can't wait to get my hands on the next book to see what is in store for Percy, his friends and the Gods. ( )
  HunterHB2 | May 30, 2018 |
Rick Riordan should change his name to Reliable Rick Riordan since he never lets his fans down. ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
Perfection.
I absolutely loved this book!!
I honestly feel so ashamed that I haven't read those books earlier!
Rick Riordan surpasses himself with each book in this series
I don't even know how can the next one be better!! ( )
  Ray_ | Mar 24, 2018 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who always leads me through the maze.
The last thing I wanted to do on my summer break was blow up another school.
This LT work is the fourth volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.

In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth -- a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,633,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible