The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

The Battle of the Labyrinth

by Rick Riordan

7,638197445 (4.26)209
    The Odyssey by Homer (Jitsusama)
    Jitsusama: An ancient classic revolving around Greek Myth. A great help to better understand the mythology of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
    D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire (saltypepper)
    saltypepper: More accessible than Homer for younger and/or reluctant readers, plus beautifully illustrated.
    The Iliad by Homer (Jitsusama)

English (194)  Finnish (1)  German (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (197)
Fantastic story for anyone that that's a fan of Greek mythology. Tore through it in no time at all. Written for middle school age readers, but I think older readers can enjoy this series just as much. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
I think that of all the books, this might be my favorite.

Perhaps just because the amount of Greek mythology woven into these books--and the stories that unfold because of them. I love the story of Icarus, who flew too close to the sun, and his wax feathers melted and he died.

There is one historically inaccurate fact, one that appears in the much-adorned Gladiator movie as well. If I am to believe my 10th grade World History teacher--and I do--in ancient Rome, when the emperorin the stands wanted the gladiator to die, he would hold his hand in the 'thumbs up' sign. If they wished the gladiator to live, it would be 'thumbs down'. The reason Mr. Meuth gave me for this: the crowds were blood thirsty. They wanted death, therefore thumbs up--death, thumbs down, they are disappointed and the gladiator lives. I think this fact sticks out in my mind so much due to the terrible things it says about humanity...

Other than that, the book is quite good....and I am left wondering what the next (and final?) book will turn out. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
I think that of all the books, this might be my favorite.

csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
Wow, so much darker than the others. I love it! The author, Rick Riordan, is really entering into a darker arena with Percy and the half-bloods. Love how he brought in Nico and how Nico developed over the story. Now, how is Rebecca going to change the dynamics of our young heroes? ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
It's no news that this saga is my favorite , I love it. At first it was with a mixture of fear if this disappointed me yet with the assurance that Rick Riordan would not otherwise be overcome and so it proved. Again, I reiterate , each book is even better than the last.

I have so many good things to say about this book that do not even know where to start . I know not say I have not already said in these books . Again, the pace is incredibly addictive , I would say that even more than in the past . The reason is that both characters, the main plot as they mature with each book. It's a darker story, and in which our characters will not be able to escape the war . Is imminent , and that was a lot of notes. In this book the adventures are more dangerous , harder and more particularly bloody . Gradually the author is preparing us for what is to come in the next book .
So many other factors and this book is read in one breath . It is impossible to stop reading . It also has more action. Again, the author plays with the reader , making you think you know what will happen, and then take a turn in the brutal plot, in a few pages , a paragraph or even a single word . I was surprised throughout the book. ( )
  NathaliePolanco | Apr 29, 2014 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who always leads me through the maze.
The last thing I wanted to do on my summer break was blow up another school.
This LT work is the fourth volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.
Percy Jackson manages to be admitted to a new high school, but a battle with demon cheerleaders ends up with the school burning, so it's back to Camp Half-Blood. But the camp isn't so safe anymore, with war between the Olympians and lord Kronos approaching. Percy and the demigods must venture on a quest through the Labyrinth to try to stop the enemy from invading the Camp.

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,694,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible