The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

The Battle of the Labyrinth (edition 2009)

by Rick Riordan

Member:-Eva-
Title:The Battle of the Labyrinth
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Read in 2012
Tags:american literature, fantasy, fiction, YA

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

The Odyssey by Homer (Jitsusama)
    Jitsusama: An ancient classic revolving around Greek Myth. A great help to better understand the mythology of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
    D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire (saltypepper)
    saltypepper: More accessible than Homer for younger and/or reluctant readers, plus beautifully illustrated.
    The Iliad by Homer (Jitsusama)

Each book is a bit better than the last. I really love this series now. I can't wait to read the next one. You can't help but like the characters. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Personally, this was my least favourite book in the Percy Jackson series. I've been thinking about why exactly, but haven't really found a reason. Perhaps I just read it at the wrong time, or too close on the other book so I was bothered with the repetitive structure of the story.

This time focussing on the story of the Labyrinth and Ariadna's wire, once again I liked the mythology. With the addition of some new characters it never stops adding new layers to the already complex mythology in the books. The story, while following the same structure of the other books, already felt like the set-up for the grand finale that's coming in the last book.

Still enjoyable though. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Grrrr... Percy Jacksonnnnn....
This story was just ok. But i still hate when GOD's drink pepsi and use mobile phones. Its just pathetic. ( )
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |
Another great Percy Jackson story. This time a quest leads them to the Labyrinth. We meet more monsters, more gods, and see some characters return. I especially liked the part with Calypso. This series just never fails to entertain me and keep me riveted on each and every page. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Jesse Bernstein
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who always leads me through the maze.
The last thing I wanted to do on my summer break was blow up another school.
This LT work is the fourth volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.
Percy Jackson manages to be admitted to a new high school, but a battle with demon cheerleaders ends up with the school burning, so it's back to Camp Half-Blood. But the camp isn't so safe anymore, with war between the Olympians and lord Kronos approaching. Percy and the demigods must venture on a quest through the Labyrinth to try to stop the enemy from invading the Camp.

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible