The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson…

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4) (edition 2009)

by Rick Riordan

Title:The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Recently added byshades32, Jutty123, mvburns, CandaJaen, AFYW_Library, private library, sa206, bebonee, Sareene, eden1013
    The Odyssey by Homer (Jitsusama)
    Jitsusama: An ancient classic revolving around Greek Myth. A great help to better understand the mythology of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
    D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire (saltypepper)
    saltypepper: More accessible than Homer for younger and/or reluctant readers, plus beautifully illustrated.
    The Iliad by Homer (Jitsusama)

Annabeth was pretty annoying in this one, in my opinion. I like Rachel and that she was given a bigger role and I liked Calypso's part as well. That was interesting. There was also a jab at the use of standardized tests that i enjoyed. Part of me felt that it was a bit out of place and took me out of the story a little bit, but i did think it was funny.

Other than that, nothing really stuck out to me.

You know what i'm going to say. It was enjoyable enough; i probably won't read it again.

*Reviewed on August 9, 2014.* ( )
  danaenicole | Oct 17, 2016 |
The labyrinth is a lot bigger than one would think. The amount of action that happens keeps the pages turning. ( )
  CRHamm | Sep 4, 2016 |
By ( )
  Kityn | Jul 3, 2016 |
An interesting story ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
fun, exciting, I can see the appeal - but I only read the series because my son loved it ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bernstein, JesseNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who always leads me through the maze.
The last thing I wanted to do on my summer break was blow up another school.
This LT work is the fourth volume (of five) in Rick Riordan's series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Please do not combine it with any other individual title or collection of titles from the series. Thank you.

Percy Jackson manages to be admitted to a new high school, but a battle with demon cheerleaders ends up with the school burning, so it's back to Camp Half-Blood. But the camp isn't so safe anymore, with war between the Olympians and lord Kronos approaching. Percy and the demigods must venture on a quest through the Labyrinth to try to stop the enemy from invading the Camp.

When demonic cheerleaders invade his high school, Percy Jackson hurries to Camp Half Blood, from whence he and his demigod friends set out on a quest through the Labyrinth, while the war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,816,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible