Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever…

Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need (1991)

by Dave Barry

Hit-or-miss. Not Dave Barry's best book by a long shot, but hilarious in parts. Certainly worth a read. ( )
  benjamin.duffy | Jul 28, 2013 |
In comparison to some of Dave's other books, this is perhaps not *quite* as funny, but it's still very entertaining indeed. My favourite parts were the "Practical (insert language) phrases", especially the French phrases, which made me laugh so hard I cried. Some parts of the book felt very familiar, but I've read so much Dave Barry over the years that I wouldn't be surprised if I'd seen some comments before. Recommended for fans. ( )
  rabbitprincess | Jan 20, 2013 |
really funny in places but a little of dave goes a long way and i was only listening about 15 minutes a day! ( )
  mahallett | Sep 3, 2012 |
PN 6231 .T7 B35 1991
  CareerPointLib | Aug 11, 2012 |
A good bedtime (or bathroom) read, pick it up anywhere and get a smile and sometimes a laugh. ( )
  wdwilson3 | Jan 10, 2012 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345431138, Mass Market Paperback)

Dave describes the dark side of tourism with such comical precision that you'll wonder why you ever bother to leave the safety of your living room. For my money, nobody has ever produced a better snapshot of the Baggage Carousel, "where passengers traditionally gather at the end of a flight to spend several relaxing hours watching the arrival of luggage from some other flight, which comes randomly spurting out of a mysterious troll-infested tunnel that is apparently connected to another airport, possibly in a different dimension."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:00 -0400)

Humorous look at the many aspects of travel from air travel to European bus tours.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,673,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible