In Odd We Trust by Dean Koontz

In Odd We Trust (2008)

by Dean Koontz

Other authors: Queenie Chan (Author & Illustrator)

Series: Odd Thomas Graphic Novels (graphic novel 1)

5362028,585 (3.34)15

This was a very quick read. I read it once awhile back and recently found a copy (since I'm a book addict and have to own an entire series I had to add to my collection) and read again. It didnt improve the second time. I wasn't engaged in either the writing or illustrations. I grew up on comic books and graphic novels, I also love the Odd Thomas series. This didn't make me feel connected to the characters nor did I look at the Graphics and say "Yes, this is Odd & Stormy). ( )
  mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
My first graphic novel. Loved it!! Probably just because it was Odd Thomas. It was an interesting story and it was really nice to get to read about Stormy again. Miss her! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
This prequel to the Odd Thomas series, in graphic novel form, gives us a murder case that happens when Stormy and Odd are still dating. Odd uses his powers to help track down the killer.
I didn't think the drawings flowed as well as other graphic novels I've read, but I still liked it.
~Stephanie ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
This was my first trip into the world of graphic novels. Having already been in love with the Odd Thomas series for a few years, it was a good place to start.

My favorite part of the whole book was being able to put faces to the characters and also getting a glimpse of the world of Pico Mundo, California where Odd and Stormy live. What took some getting used to was the simplicity of the writing and the over-the-top drama that's added to the dialogue. Keeping in mind that graphic novels are basically comic books on steroids, you accept the differences and even get used to them.

I hope that Koontz continues to add to the graphic novel series of Odd Thomas. ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
Archie/Jughead in artistic style. The story is ok. I'm not sure a graphic novel conveys the entire story very well; but it's worth the read. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
Although some fans of the novels aren’t comfortable with the comic format, I found this story entertaining escapist fiction. Events escalate quickly into a roller coaster ride with a reassuring ending.

Koontz, Deanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chan, QueenieAuthor & Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

“Meet a young man named Odd . . . who helps the dead get even."

From the infinite imagination of #1 New York Times bestselling author Dean Koontz comes the suspenseful graphic-novel debut of a natural-born hero with a supernatural twist.

Odd Thomas is a regular nineteen-year-old with an unusual gift: the ability to see the lingering spirits of the dead. To Odd, it’s not such a big deal. And most folks in sleepy Pico Mundo, California, are much more interested in the irresistible pancakes Odd whips up at the local diner. Still, communing with the dead can be useful. Because while some spirits only want a little company . . . others want justice.

When the sad specter of a very frightened boy finds its way to him, Odd vows to root out the evil suddenly infecting the sunny streets of Pico Mundo. But even with his exceptional ability–plus the local police and his pistol-packing girlfriend, Stormy, backing him–is Odd any match for a faceless stalker who’s always a step ahead . . . and determined to kill again?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:50 -0400)

As evil coils under the searing desert sun, Odd Thomas travels through the shifting prisms of his world, struggling to avert a looming cataclysm with the aid of his soul mate and an unlikely community of allies that includes the King of Rock 'n' Roll.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,450,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible