Death's Savage Passion by Orania Papazoglou

Death's Savage Passion (1986)

by Orania Papazoglou

51None229,653 (3.77)None

No reviews
Everybody who comes to New York from somewhere else and does reasonably well at something nobody has any right to expect to do reasonably well at wants to show off.
COPYRIGHT PAGE NOTICES:

All rights reserved.

Except in the United States of America, this book is sold sunject to the condition that it shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent, re-sold, hired out, or otherwise circulated without the publisher's prior consent in any form of binding or cover other than that in which it is published and without a similar condition being imposed on the subsequent purchaser.
In the past two years I have spent all my time either involved in murders or wrting about them. When I return from vacations, my mailbox is full of fan letters eclosing 'something extra.' In the past six months I haveeceived a complete set of press clippings on the DeQuincy, Iowa, disembowelment murders; four sharp knives; a photo essay (amateur -- Kodak snapshots pasted to typing paper) on an autopsy; and a detailed plan for the assassination of Claude Rains, who is already dead. That was what I was getting before the book came out, when I was just a picture and a name in newspaper stories. Once the book came out, I stopped opening fan mil, got a telephone number so unlisted even AT&T doesn't know what it is, and started handing over any packages left on my doorstop to the bomb squad. (chapter six)

Midlist mystery and romance writers are outraged when quite a few romance authors, in a declining market for their own genre, turn to the new hybrid of Romantic Suspense - a move that takes the New York literary world by storm and sends mystery and romance sales plummeting. Is this grounds for murder? When the newly minted romantic suspense writer Verna Train lands on the subway tracks just ahead of the Lexington Avenue Local, Patience McKenna, romance novelist-turned-true crime writer, is in the ideal field to investigate.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:47 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,361,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible