Good Dog, Carl by Alexandra Day

Good Dog, Carl

by Alexandra Day

Good Dog, Carl is such a sweet wordless picture book. It demonstrates how dogs can be protective, loving, fun, and responsible towards their family. The Rottweiler named Carl and the baby have a day filled with fun when they are home alone while mom is gone. Carl makes sure to entertain the baby, feed the baby, wash the baby, and make sure he is safe in his crib by the time mom comes home. This is a great book for elementary school readers and it is easy for readers to understand what the story is telling. Highly recommended! ( )
  kew057 | Sep 12, 2017 |
Picture book about a dog watch over his owners kid. This is for preschool to kindergarten, because it has no words in it. I like this book because it has a dog in it and I am a huge dog lover.
  ShaneKadrmas | May 4, 2017 |
Good Dog, Carl is such a cute book! The different adventures Carl and the baby go on throughout the day made it probably one of the babies favorite memories with the Carl. The relationship Carl has with the family is one that everyone should have with their pets. ( )
  JacquelineWelsh | Mar 13, 2017 |
A very good dog takes care of the baby that keeps on getting in trouble. This is a funny and cute book i would read to kindergarden or 1st grade. This would teach them about dogs and how to be responsible and give a good laugh. ( )
  bkelley22 | Feb 22, 2017 |
The book is about a good dog name Carl left by his owner to take care of the baby and he do a very good job. I like this book because the dog is so good at taking care of a baby even the baby make a lot mess around the house. I will use it on my teaching because it will help show the students how being a helpful person or thing can be. It suitable for k-3rd grade.
  HsaRay | Feb 22, 2017 |
This is an great book that has very few words. I would put this in the library for my students to look at during silent time.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

To H.D., who has never let us forget about Ponies
"Look after the baby, Carl. I'll be back shortly."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689817711, Paperback)

Alexandra Day's modern classic Good Dog Carl has sold more than 200,000 copies, captivating countless readers with the lovable rottweiler Carl, endearing illustrations, and the tale's surprising silliness. The book begins with the mother saying, "Look after the baby, Carl. I'll be back shortly." Let the adventure begin! Carl looks out the window to make sure Mom is gone. Once the coast is clear, the baby crawls out of the crib and onto Carl's back. First stop? Mom's bed. Second stop? The top of the dresser where powder puffs are sported as hats. The infant--now in Carl's capable paws--slides down the laundry chute, swims in the fish tank, dances, raids the refrigerator, and makes a huge mess. Carl dutifully bathes the baby, cleans up the chaos, puts his charge back in the crib, and plays it cool when Mom comes home. "Good dog, Carl!" she says upon her return. A sweet, subtly absurd picture book that jubilantly illustrates the old adage, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." (Picture book)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:45 -0400)

Lively and unusual things happen when Carl the dog is left in charge of the baby.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,603,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible