From Potter's Field: Scarpetta 6 (Kay…

From Potter's Field: Scarpetta 6 (Kay Scarpetta) (original 1995; edition 1995)

by Patricia Cornwell (Author)

Member:Kendra71
Title:From Potter's Field: Scarpetta 6 (Kay Scarpetta)
Authors:Patricia Cornwell (Author)
Info:Scribner (1995), Edition: 1st, 428 pages
Collections:Kendra Books

From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell (1995)

Recently added byrena75, smtw, SPartenFamily, AidanOC

English (29)  German (3)  French (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (35)
Although I started this book several months ago, I only finished it 2-3 days ago. I am concurrently reading the Scarpetta Series by Patricia Cornwell and the Temperance Brennan Series by Kathy Reichs and found myself overwhelmed with medical terminology.
Needles to say that I was a bit out of my league and needed a break. So, for the last 2-3 months, I've read neither series. I am glad to have finished this book though.

*Spoiler Alert*

I enjoyed the story overall. I did find it somewhat slow in comparison to previous instalments in the series. I believe there could have been more action and perhaps a better ending. I found the ending to be rather anticlimactic. I was expecting more, maybe a shootout or something. I do t know, it just made Gault seem rather childish and I never perceived him to be that way.

Anyways, rant over. It was a good book, even if not my fave in the series so far. Not one I would re-read, but worth finishing that particular story line all the same. If you're reading the series, don't miss it, it's important. ( )
  SquidgetsRoom | Dec 12, 2018 |
Christmas has never been a particularly good time for Dr Kay Scarpetta. Although a holiday for most, the festivities always seem to heighten the alienation felt by society's violent fringe; and that usually means more work for Scarpetta, Virginia's Chief Medical Examiner and consulting forensic pathologist for the FBI.

The body was naked, female, and found propped against a fountain in a bleak area of New York's Central Park. Her apparent manner of death points to a modus operandi that is chillingly familar: the gunshot wound to the head, the sections of skin excised from the body, the displayed corpse - all suggest that Temple Brooks Gault, Scarpetta's nemesis, is back at work.

Calling on all her reserves of courage and skill, and the able assistance of colleagues Marino and Wesley, Scarpetta must track this most dangerous of killers in pursuit of survival as well as justice - heading inexorably to an electrifying climax amid the dark, menacing labyrinths of the New York subway.
  JESGalway | Sep 6, 2018 |
Kay is a blonde Italian American Medical Examiner. She loves to cook. She lives in a large custom built home with a restaurant kitchen.

She has a niece Lucy, who has a genius IQ and is an FBI trainee. Lucy's mother is Kay's flighty irresponsible sister, Dorothy.

In this book Temple Gault has come back. His first appearnce was in Cruel and Unusual (book 4). He was alto in The Body Farm (book 5).
Lucy is obsessed that her exlover is involved. Of course Lucy takes action and Kay has to rescue her. ( )
  nx74defiant | Nov 6, 2017 |
Dr. Kay Scarpetta, Marino and of course, FBI Agent Benton Wesley investigate the death of a frozen naked woman propped openly in Central Park. Their path leads them to the parents of a psychotic serial killer, one of whom can see nothing wrong about her son and the other parent who would only see his if pointing a shotgun at the son's face. The woman's identity is a shock.

The plot here is sometimes scatty and random. I tend not to like books full of random killings, without rhyme or reason. Here the "randomness" is chilling, and Tenple Gault is a super villain, who curdles the blood. He is just so...hateable. You loathe him absolutely. Especially when you find out how he treats his sister. You just hate him even more. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
jos jedna odlicna Skarpeta...klasicni krimic u njenom stilu ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |

Patricia Cornwellprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jukarainen, ErkkiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Narbonne, HélèneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peters, DonadaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rusconi, AnnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sabaté, HernánTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

—Genesis 4:10
This book is for Dr. Erika Blanton (Scarpetta would call you friend)
He walked with sure steps through snow, which was deep in Central Park, and it was late now, but he was not certain how late.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425204693, Mass Market Paperback)

Upon examining a dead woman found in snowbound Central Park, Kay Scarpetta immediately recognizes the grisly work of Temple Gault, a bold and brilliant killer from her past. Now she must hunt down a psychopath whose string of horrible murders is leading inexorably to his ultimate prey: Scarpetta herself. Even with the help of the FBI, Scarpetta knows the endgame is hers alone to play -- and it will be played on Gault's home turf, the subway tunnels beneath New York City.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:56 -0400)

In New York, Dr. Kay Scarpetta, chief medical examiner, matches wits with a sadistic killer who operates in the subway tunnels. After killing a transit policeman he infiltrates the FBI's computers and sends her taunting messages while continuing to kill.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,322,779 books! | Top bar: Always visible