Dermesztő ölelés by Richelle Mead

Dermesztő ölelés (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead, Veronika Farkas (Translator)

Member:TheCrow2
Title:Dermesztő ölelés
Authors:Richelle Mead
Other authors:Veronika Farkas (Translator)
Info:[Budapest] : Agave Kv., cop. 2010
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fantasy, vámpír, vampire

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

English (116)  German (1)  All languages (117)
Yes, I enjoyed this one as much as the first and I am already listening to the third book in my car. Rose, the main character, just cracks me up. She is me when I was young; rebellious, sassy, and full of trouble yet with a big heart. She comes through when the going gets tough and is there when you need her. I adore her sarcasm and the way she consistently acts or speaks before she thinks (hence causing most of the trouble she gets into).

These books are fun and fast. They aren't too deep but they are totally engaging if you like the whole YA vampire thing. Richelle Mead knows how to get the reader's attention and knows how to pace the story so that it is hard to put down, or stop listening in my case. There is plenty of action and a decent amount of violence in some parts. There is also clearly some romance but it doesn't really take away from the main plot. So many people (yes, other people my age too) have already read this series but if you are one of the few that haven't and like the genre, go for it.

With regards to the Audible version, they are expensive and I'm still getting used to this method of reading, or listening, to books. I like it a lot but the one thing I miss is the ability to make up the voices of the characters in my head. Having only one narrator speak for all of the roles takes that away. I have a hard time visualizing the hot main male character when his part is read by a female. It just doesn't work for me. I love however, listening to books on my way to work so I have pushed aside my issues with the narrator for the time being. :) ( )
  Lagnella | Mar 4, 2016 |
Wow, I did not see the ending coming. This whole book took me by surprise. Wicked and trusted people coming out of the closet, secret groupings breaking the molds, torture, death and salvation, love and heartbreak, it had it all. Ms. Mead amped up the drama and left me rushing for book 3 the moment I finished. I continue to see these wonderfully troubled characters face their demons. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really liked this book, but I think I would have liked it a lot more if I had read it when I was SUPPOSED to. Stupid me, I read thi third instead of second. But still, I liked it a lot. I liked it more than the first book. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
Started September 15th, 2013.
Like first book in the series - my review of that book - great YA, feels very real, just the right mixture of action, romance, wrong decisions and no fooling around.
Page-turner, highly recommended. Now I will certainly buy & read all other books in this series and the spin-off-series.
And I look forward to seeing the film, hopefully the do not mess it up too much.
For now I will read a different book, which has also been filmed and the Blu-ray is waiting to be seen: [b:Savages|8008928|Savages (Savages, #1)|Don Winslow|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1368577399s/8008928.jpg|12548735]. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Enjoyed this one too, although it was rather intense, out of proportion to what I had expected. I've downloaded the third book but haven't yet started it. I'm hoping the story expands out a bit from where this one ended and takes us in new and interesting (and less horrific) directions! ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
For Kat Richardson, who is very wise.
Things die.

During winter break at St. Vladimir's, the school is on high alert due to a Strigoi attack, so Rose does not feel like celebrating. And besides battling with the enemy, Rose has to deal with friendships and romances that are far from running smoothly.

While on a school skiing trip, guardian-in-training Rose faces everything from misunderstandings between friends to fights among factions of Moroi as reports of horrific Strigoi attacks raise tensions, ultimately leading Rose and some of those closest to her into a battle that teaches her much about life, death, and love.… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 159514174X, 1595141758

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,918,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible