Dermesztő ölelés by Richelle Mead

Dermesztő ölelés (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead, Veronika Farkas (Translator)

Member:TheCrow2
Title:Dermesztő ölelés
Authors:Richelle Mead
Other authors:Veronika Farkas (Translator)
Info:[Budapest] : Agave Kv., cop. 2010
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fantasy, vámpír, vampire

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

English (121)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All (123)
This one is way deeper than the first book. I love Rose. Often in books, I don't care for the female lead, but she's awesome. I'm really drawn into her feelings over everything— her mother, her love life, friendships, etc. And when the deaths happen, they hit me hard. I expected this series to just be ok, but I am truly taken by it. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Frostbite - Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #02) I loved the fact that the author gives you a quick recap of the first book in the first two pages, as I have a horrible memory, but then it was all for nothing because every time a character appeared the author would give you the whole story again, so it was a little tiresome to have the same things repeated to you over and over.

Other than that, it was pretty much the same as the first book, although maybe this one was a little bit better because you can see how Rose is growing up and on her path to become a great guardian. I will continue with the series. Three stars! ( )
  Danyspike | Jan 13, 2017 |
In my opinion, Frostbite was just as good as the first book in this series.

The first thing that I loved and adored and made me sigh with relief was that there weren't too many "remember what happened in the previous book" moments. And those that did mention past events were waaay too short to bother me. That's one of the things that always scare me a little when it comes to series.

Rose is still as impulsive and sarcastic as she was in Vampire Academy. She'd still do anything to protect Mia and her friends. What was interesting in this book was that we get to see her interact with her mother, Janine Hathaway. Janine is a very interesting character. At first I have to say I didn't like her that much. But, seeing how acts and talks to Rose and also how she comforts her daughter at the end of the book made me completely change my opinion about Janine. Also, Dimitri's insight helped. There's this scene when he talks to Rose about her mother and the things he said helped me see Janine in a different light, so thanks Dimitri!

In Frostbite we meed another character, Adrian. Adrian is unique, sort of like the bad boy of the series. He grows on you as the story progresses. He's very funny and sarcastic. And he seems like he's always up to something. The one thing that he needs, in my opinion (and it's a constant thing until the end of the series) is maturity. He really needs to grow up a little. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy a lot, but he's a little too immature at times.

I liked the feeling of normality brought by Lissa and Christian's relationship. It's one of those "boy meets girl" kind of love story, without the unnecessary drama. Lissa changed since the events in Vampire Academy. She seems she's getting better, she's not as angry as she was then. And with each book she learns more about her powers and it's really fun to see that. I think Christian helped too, he has a good influence on her.

Dimitri is... well, Dimitri. He's still just as cute, sexy, strong, silent and powerful as before. He still loves the 80s music (and every time I think about that I love him a little bit more). We get to see a little of his control snap at a certain point and I thought he was very... sexy in that scene.

There's more drama and more heartbreak in Frostbite. The ending made me want to cry a little. I thought it was a bit unfair for one of the characters and also very tragic. I realize it was necessary to show how evil Strigoi are, but it was still heartbreaking. There's a lot of action, mostly towards the end of the book, a lot of suspense, humor, romance and some family drama.

If you're still waiting to read this series, do it now! Trust me! ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |
October was weird.. read a lot of terrible vampire books haha
But this series is sort of a guilty pleasure ( )
  mleivers | Aug 29, 2016 |
For Kat Richardson, who is very wise.
Things die.

During winter break at St. Vladimir's, the school is on high alert due to a Strigoi attack, so Rose does not feel like celebrating. And besides battling with the enemy, Rose has to deal with friendships and romances that are far from running smoothly.

While on a school skiing trip, guardian-in-training Rose faces everything from misunderstandings between friends to fights among factions of Moroi as reports of horrific Strigoi attacks raise tensions, ultimately leading Rose and some of those closest to her into a battle that teaches her much about life, death, and love.… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 159514174X, 1595141758

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,783,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible