Dermesztő ölelés by Richelle Mead

Dermesztő ölelés (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead, Veronika Farkas (Translator)

Member:TheCrow2
Title:Dermesztő ölelés
Authors:Richelle Mead
Other authors:Veronika Farkas (Translator)
Info:[Budapest] : Agave Kv., cop. 2010
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fantasy, vámpír, vampire

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

English (109)  German (1)  All languages (110)
So much better than the first one (which was ok, but left me undecided whether I'd want to read on into the series). Stayed up late last night to finish it and was even moved to shed a tear at the end there.

Lissa doesn't seem so needy in this one and I'm sort of feeling the Dimitri/Rose thing but it's still got a bit to go before I'm sucked in completely. Almost there though.... ( )
  SilverThistle | Dec 31, 2014 |
Great improvement from first book

Great improvement from first book

The dialogue sounds more natural and the plot is less predictable. If you enjoy teenage sci-fi romance then you will probably enjoy this. The characters are more complex in this second book and feel more like genuine people. I found it to be entertaining; what I call popcorn fiction. ( )
  SENSpence | Jul 31, 2014 |
The Good: Frostbite is one of the rare instances where I loved second book in a series even more than the first. The focus was split equally between action, drama and romance. Danger surrounds the royal families, so the kids at St. Vladimir's hide out at a fancy ski resort. As they cut loose from their training responsibilities, we get to see Rose and some of the others with a little more freedom to act their ages. And that means a lot of fun and teen angst. The tension between Rose and Dmitri is awesome and the addition of Adrian is fantastic. The book is not without its emotional pain and loss, however. Some surprising things take place in Frostbite, which may very well have a long term impact on some of the characters.

The Bad: Nothing. Frostbite was perfect. ( )
  TequilaReader | May 26, 2014 |
Why is this so addictive? Also, why am I so attracted to sarcastic guys like Christian? Its starting to worry me big time. Rose is awesome and I love how this is told from her feisty female perspective rather than from perfect little Lissa. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
So...Frostbite happened. This book was slightly better than the first. There was a lot more blood and killing in Frostbite. It's a shame because there were some good aspects going on. Frostbite is about the Strigoi teaming up with humans in order to start killing off Moroi Royal Families. St. Vladimir's wants to shut down ranks and protect their students: Their brillant solution? Take all of their students on a holiday trip for skiing!

Come on, The Strigoi kind of deserves this kill. This is a very stupid plan.

Politics was a very big part of Frostbite too. The Moroi want to used their magic more often to stand a fighting chance against the Strigoi. Rose gets jealous over a Moroi whom catches Dimitri's eye and her Mother also shows up.

What I liked:

The violence: What's a sure proof cure to exposition? Senseless murders. Unfortunately, a lot of the dead I really didn't care about. They were literally words on the page. And, the death that was supposed to mattered made me laughed out loud and lament on the stupidity of the entire situation.

What I didn't liked:
Everything else. ( )
  Y2Ash | Apr 16, 2014 |
For Kat Richardson, who is very wise.
Things die.

During winter break at St. Vladimir's, the school is on high alert due to a Strigoi attack, so Rose does not feel like celebrating. And besides battling with the enemy, Rose has to deal with friendships and romances that are far from running smoothly.

While on a school skiing trip, guardian-in-training Rose faces everything from misunderstandings between friends to fights among factions of Moroi as reports of horrific Strigoi attacks raise tensions, ultimately leading Rose and some of those closest to her into a battle that teaches her much about life, death, and love.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,727,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible