Dermesztő ölelés by Richelle Mead

Dermesztő ölelés (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead, Veronika Farkas (Translator)

Member:TheCrow2
Title:Dermesztő ölelés
Authors:Richelle Mead
Other authors:Veronika Farkas (Translator)
Info:[Budapest] : Agave Kv., cop. 2010
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fantasy, vámpír, vampire

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Recently added bymariannelee_0902, arena35, private library, Hcarroll, maxiesid, LauraJKeys, KeyRay17, Haunter

English (111)  German (1)  All languages (112)
I always enjoy a book that makes me stay up late to finish it. :-) This one picked up where the last one left off. Good plot, a little character development, and much more from Rose than from Lissa this time - a quick read. Not great literature, but fun YA paranormal brain candy. ( )
  JenW1 | May 20, 2015 |
Wow, this series really does just get better. I enjoyed this one even more than I did the first book. I like that Rose grows as a character and doesn't remain static, but that she morphs in at least a semi-logical way. As depressing as this book ended up being in the end, it was still well-worth the read. And Rose's sense of humor is always a fun element of these books even when things go awry in the end. ( )
  RCW | Apr 8, 2015 |
So much better than the first one (which was ok, but left me undecided whether I'd want to read on into the series). Stayed up late last night to finish it and was even moved to shed a tear at the end there.

Lissa doesn't seem so needy in this one and I'm sort of feeling the Dimitri/Rose thing but it's still got a bit to go before I'm sucked in completely. Almost there though.... ( )
  SilverThistle | Dec 31, 2014 |
Great improvement from first book

Great improvement from first book

The dialogue sounds more natural and the plot is less predictable. If you enjoy teenage sci-fi romance then you will probably enjoy this. The characters are more complex in this second book and feel more like genuine people. I found it to be entertaining; what I call popcorn fiction. ( )
  SENSpence | Jul 31, 2014 |
The Good: Frostbite is one of the rare instances where I loved second book in a series even more than the first. The focus was split equally between action, drama and romance. Danger surrounds the royal families, so the kids at St. Vladimir's hide out at a fancy ski resort. As they cut loose from their training responsibilities, we get to see Rose and some of the others with a little more freedom to act their ages. And that means a lot of fun and teen angst. The tension between Rose and Dmitri is awesome and the addition of Adrian is fantastic. The book is not without its emotional pain and loss, however. Some surprising things take place in Frostbite, which may very well have a long term impact on some of the characters.

The Bad: Nothing. Frostbite was perfect. ( )
  TequilaReader | May 26, 2014 |
For Kat Richardson, who is very wise.
Things die.

During winter break at St. Vladimir's, the school is on high alert due to a Strigoi attack, so Rose does not feel like celebrating. And besides battling with the enemy, Rose has to deal with friendships and romances that are far from running smoothly.

While on a school skiing trip, guardian-in-training Rose faces everything from misunderstandings between friends to fights among factions of Moroi as reports of horrific Strigoi attacks raise tensions, ultimately leading Rose and some of those closest to her into a battle that teaches her much about life, death, and love.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,906,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible