Dermesztő ölelés by Richelle Mead

Dermesztő ölelés (edition 2010)

by Richelle Mead, Veronika Farkas (Translator)

Member:TheCrow2
Title:Dermesztő ölelés
Authors:Richelle Mead
Other authors:Veronika Farkas (Translator)
Info:[Budapest] : Agave Kv., cop. 2010
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fantasy, vámpír, vampire

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

English (123)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All (125)
Not too very long ago, I read and reviewed Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. As mentioned in that post, Vampire Academy is the first novel in a young adult series about the Moroi (vampires) and dhampirs (guardians of Moroi) who attend St. Vladimir's Academy. Specifically, it's about Lissa and Rose who are shadow kissed and trying to figure out just what that means as there's nothing officially documented about the use of spirit. (I realize this will make no sense unless you read the first book in the series so you'd better go and do that first.) In the second book, Frostbite, Lissa and Rose are continuing their studies so that they can learn how to survive while the Strigoi begin to organize their attacks on Moroi royals. However, the biggest problem that Rose is facing is not against the Strigoi but against her own traitorous heart. (I hope that came across as dramatic as I imagined.) There is not one, not two, but three men in her life and she is very conflicted about her feelings. Ah, that teenage angst! If you were fans of the first novel in the series then undoubtedly you will enjoy this continuation because more of the mythology is unraveled and the characters continue to be fleshed out. It's still bordering on a bit too racy for me but it's the vampire lore which I'm here for primarily (although I am definitely team Dmitri). I'm most likely going to continue reading this series but I'd love to hear your opinion on the books, the reviews, and what you'd like to see me read next. Basically, I just want you guys to talk to me. :-P ( )
  AliceaP | Mar 7, 2017 |
Summary: The plot continues to thicken when Lissa goes out on a date with a forbidden boy, and Rose has to chaperone. Rose is still protecting Lissa, and Lissa is boy crazy. Rose has fallen for her teacher who teaches her how to defend Lissa. Someone else has eyes for Dimitri, who will win his heart?

Personal Response: The vampire love continues to grow. The books keep getting better and better. I personally love the love triangle that is forming, and it keeps me reading more and more. This series is so easy to read, that it would be perfect for a struggling reading.

Curriculum Connection: This book would be a perfect addition to the vampire shelf in the library. ( )
  Lisette25 | Feb 26, 2017 |
This one is way deeper than the first book. I love Rose. Often in books, I don't care for the female lead, but she's awesome. I'm really drawn into her feelings over everything— her mother, her love life, friendships, etc. And when the deaths happen, they hit me hard. I expected this series to just be ok, but I am truly taken by it. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
For Kat Richardson, who is very wise.
Things die.

During winter break at St. Vladimir's, the school is on high alert due to a Strigoi attack, so Rose does not feel like celebrating. And besides battling with the enemy, Rose has to deal with friendships and romances that are far from running smoothly.

While on a school skiing trip, guardian-in-training Rose faces everything from misunderstandings between friends to fights among factions of Moroi as reports of horrific Strigoi attacks raise tensions, ultimately leading Rose and some of those closest to her into a battle that teaches her much about life, death, and love.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,163,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible