Babymouse, Puppy Love by Jennifer L. Holm

Babymouse, Puppy Love

by Jennifer L. Holm

1941561,059 (3.99)2
Recently added byalexanderkai, greatbrittain83, sraedi, doubleunion, private library, FarrellP, Shoshanabrmsn

This was a little difficult to read, I was unsure which direction to go but it was a great read. I now understand my students' love for graphic novels and baby mouse! In this story baby mouse was having trouble keeping pets but found a dog that she spent hours training. In the end, the dog went back to it's owner.
  alexanderkai | Nov 22, 2014 |
Baby mouse is a creative and energetic young mouse who desires nothing more than to have a pet other than a gold fish. After killing her last couple of goldfish, she begs her mother to get a dog or a cat. Her mother says no and gets her a turtle instead. After finding the turtle incredibly boring, babymouse finds a lost dog. She names him buddy and trains him. At first she really struggles with all the responsibility that come along with owning a dog but eventually grows attached to it. During a walk, the dogs originally owner runs into them and thanks her for taking such wonderful care of her dog, lady. Babymouse reluctantly gives the dog back and accepts her fate to own another goldfish.
  Shoshanabrmsn | May 31, 2014 |
Summary: Babymouse loves pets, but she has trouble keeping them. She gets all kinds of small pets, but it never works out. Babymouse then finds a dog without a collar. Babymouse's mom agrees to let her take care of the dog until the owner shows up. Babymouse finds out how much a work a dog is, but she lives up to the challenge. She does very well with the dog, but in the end the owner shows up.
Review: This would be a good book to use to teach students about responsibility. Students would be excited to read this book, I could see them choosing it for independent reading. The book kept me engaged. I didn't want to put it down; I read it in one sitting. The text is minimal, which allows the reader to use the pictures and some imagination to fill in some details.
  kkrat2 | Apr 15, 2014 |
8th verse, same as the first. But there are some really cute pets here, especially when they're all partying under the bed. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 29, 2013 |
I noticed right away that it was just going to be pink and black for the color scheme of the book. Also, the boxes surrounding each image in the book were not perfectly straight, adding a playful mood to the whole story. I loved that this book alluded to things we know outside of this book, including Mickey Mouse, Charlie Brown, and even Charlotte's Web. I also enjoy the fact that throughout the story, we step into the narrator's position and interact with Babymouse as she tries to take care of a pet and keep it for once.
  trancon | Dec 2, 2012 |

In the tradition of Snoopy, of Clifford, and of Lassie comes another great dog story for the ages . . . Babymouse: Puppy Love! Babymouse doesn’t exactly have a great history with pets–even her goldfish ran away from home. But all that’s about to change. Will Babymouse get the dog of her dreams? Will she ever find her missing fish? Find out in the eighth exciting Babymouse graphic novel! “Ruff! Four paws up!”–The Canine Courier Growing up, brother-sister team Matthew and Jennifer Holm had numerous beloved pets, including the creatively named Ruffy–best known for once sporting a pink mohawk and eating an entire chocolate birthday cake.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:55:16 -0400)

Babymouse doesn't exactly have a great history with pets--even her goldfish ran away from home. But all that's about to change. Will Babymouse get the dog of her dreams? Will she ever find her missing fish?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,367,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible