An Isolated Incident by Susan R. Sloan

An Isolated Incident (edition 1998)

by Susan R. Sloan

Collections:Read but unowned, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:contemporary mystery, 1990-2009, library book sale, 96-100

An Isolated Incident by Susan R. Sloan

English (4)  Dutch (1)  All languages (5)
The vicious murder of a 15-year-old girl shakes the residents of Seward Island, Washington to their very souls. The victim is wealthy, beautiful, and of the sweetest disposition imaginable, and absolutely no one in the tranquil community of Seward Island can imagine the lovely teenager has any enemies who would do her any harm. As the police begin the arduous search for suspects, the murder takes the people of Seward Island somewhere else: into the realm of their darkest prejudices and worst fears, to eventually reveal a very human evil living in their midst.

I absolutely loved this book! This is the first book that I have ever read by Susan R. Sloan, and I must say that the plot was filled with intricate twists and turns that kept me totally engrossed. I thought that the writing was absolutely brilliant and I give An Isolated Incident an A+! I will certainly be looking for more books by Susan R. Sloan to add to my Wish List. ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Jan 1, 2013 |
This was a fairly good murder mystery with enough going on to keep up the interest. I really liked the sheriff. I thought the romance was a bit contrived. I thought the addition of Nazis along with the anti-Semitic activities and attitudes to be a bit much. There was an awful lot of coincidences in the story, and I'm not sure why the real perpetrator was never really looked at seriously. I'd probably give the author another try, but I would expect more. ( )
  PermaSwooned | Oct 8, 2012 |
murder mystery on Seattle suburb island; cop romance & anti-Semitism

9.00 ( )
  aletheia21 | Mar 18, 2012 |
Very good story and plot. Kept you guessing. I didnt like that she gave away to much on the woman cop part, turning her somewhat shady. Which was a BIG surprise. Unfullfilled ending. Need a part 2??!!
8/6/98 ( )
  cindyloumn | Jan 27, 2007 |

A Jewish high school teacher is falsely accused of murder, based on evidence of bigoted students. It happens on Seward Island, off Seattle after the murder of a 15-year-old pregnant girl, stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. Police chief Martinez and detective Ginger Early have an explosive case. By the author of Guilt by Association.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,321,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible