Prey by Lurlene McDaniel

I did like this book as I have always liked Lurlene McDaniel and this is like her other books but I didn't really like what it was about because there was so much of the teacher's input in it and I didn't like that. Not for a teenager to read. But it was a pretty good book although the ending wasn't what I expected either. However, I do want you to read it and take it from your own point of view because like I said, it is a great book! ( )
  diananagy | Jul 10, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book, it probably is the first book I read completely in a day. The only thing i didn't really like was honey's perspective, she didn't really need to be in the book but other than that loved it. ( )
  anglediva | Sep 10, 2013 |
My middle school students were fascinated with this novel. It was in constant circulation. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book is not like other Lurlene McDaniel's books and deals with a topic that you hear about in the news ( )
  BetaSWON | Dec 15, 2012 |
Wow... I've never would have expected Lurlene McDaniel to write a book like this.

Completely different from her other books. ( )
  Euphoria13 | Feb 26, 2011 |
The heart is decietful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

Jeremiah 17:9, NIV
Dedicated to the memory of Dr. Chris Keifer and Dr. Jim Parrish, my teachers and advocates.
Day one.

A teacher is supposed to impart a love of learning and a thirst for knowledge. It’s a bit different with Ms. Lori Settles. All the kids are talking about how hot she is–and she is especially interested in Ryan Piccoli. When she starts giving Ryan extra attention, he’s feeling more than happy–at first. He’s used to being the class clown, but really he’s a loner. One day after school, the friendship with Lori Settles goes farther than he ever expected. She’s his teacher. She’s at least twice his age. Intimacy with a teacher is wrong, yet it feels so good in every way. Soon, Lori is making demands and Ryan begins to feel overwhelmed, but Ryan refuses to even admit anything is going on. Something immoral is going on and before too long the choices made will change lives forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:56 -0400)

Told from their separate points of view, fifteen-year-old Ryan has a secret affair with his thirty-three-year-old history teacher at an Atlanta high school, and his best friend Honey becomes determined to uncover the reason he is increasingly distant.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,284,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible