Deja Dead (Temperance Brennan Novels) by…

Deja Dead (Temperance Brennan Novels) (original 1997; edition 1998)

by Kathy Reichs (Author)

Member:smilez4u1390
Title:Deja Dead (Temperance Brennan Novels)
Authors:Kathy Reichs (Author)
Info:Pocket Star Books (1998), 532 pages
Rating:***
Tags:read

Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs (1997)

Recently added byrena75, bezzzzza, private library, monique.bengel, SWade0126, whitlock777

English (118)  German (1)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (121)
Reichs é uma autora interessante no gênero de mistério na linha CSI. Neste romance de estréia, ambientado em Montreal, a heroína, Dra. Temperance Brennan, uma antropóloga forense originária da Carolina do Norte, uma versão fictícia da própria autora, que tem exatamente a mesma base de experiência. Ela é chamada a responder muitas perguntas sobre ossos / cadáveres que surgem - são ossos humanos, que podem revelar algo sobre a idade, o sexo, etc. da pessoa. Tempe é uma personagem interessante - uma mãe divorciada aos 19 anos de idade, uma mulher um tanto ou quanto agressiva, que muitas vezes pisa nos pés da própria polícia que está investigando os assassinatos. ( )
  jgcorrea | Dec 25, 2018 |
Review: DE’JA’ Dead by Kathy Reighs.

I was interested in this book because I do watch the weekly series on television. However, I didn’t find any seminaries between Kathy Reighs’s character Dr. Temperance Brennan and the television “Bones” series character besides the fact they are both forensic anthropologist. I actually liked the book but Reighs anthropologist was more involved with the entire investigation which I don’t believe an anthropologist would usually get that caught up in solving a murder.

I liked all the science details which were really descriptive and forensic has always captivated me. Reighs enhances the plot and keeps moving the story in an organized system which made it easy to follow. At times I felt there was a little to much information or it was because I have read too many books with forensic procedures that I usually knows what’s coming up next.

Temperance Brennan leaves behind a failed marriage in North Carolina to take on the challenging assignment of director of forensic anthropology for the province of Quebec. On her way Brennan decides she needs to stop at a newly uncovered burial in the heart of the city. The decomposed and decapitated corpse stored within a few plastic bags which, tells her that it was a homicide of the worst kind. So, Tempe must first identify the victim, however, the head is missing….. ( )
  Juan-banjo | Oct 2, 2018 |
Fun. I love the TV series Bones and the character Tempe Brennan. I wanted to start reading this series with the first one. I'll continue... ( )
  ioplibrarian | Aug 26, 2018 |
Downside of listening to a book that takes place in the 90’s, I kept finding myself thinking “Call _____ you idiot!” forgetting that it wasn’t possible. I originally got this book several years ago and purged it from my closet only to rebuy it as an audible. This book came up on my Clean Sweep Challenge on Goodreads for this week. I wasn’t sure how I was going to make this work but lots of driving and cleaning helped a ton.

Overall I found this book a lot more enjoyable than I expected. It’s not a genre I typically read and I picked it up because of the TV show Bones. Surprisingly the book and TV show are extremely different. Where Brennan in the TV show is extremely logical and struggle to understand relationships, in the book she is a divorcee with a daughter in college and recovering alcoholic. I actually prefer this because I was able to enjoy the book without constantly comparing the two.

The story was easy to stay engaged with but fairly fast paced even though this is over 500 pages. I found the few times I was involved in doing anything that took thought I had to rewind the story to pick up where I last remembered because enough happened that I was lost.

The fact that Kathy Reichs is a forensic anthropologist in real life greatly contributed to the realism of the story, and she was smart in her choices on when to explain things in more detail to help me understand how things work (like being able to look at the impression in bone to determine what kind of saw is used) without it slogging down the book.

The recording was also well done, the narrator took the time to make each character easy to distinguish and didn’t seem to struggle at all with the vocabulary or french.

All in all, it was an enjoyable read/listen and I’ve added the second book to my TBR for the future. ( )
  Kylana | Aug 13, 2018 |
Like much amateurish plotting, Reichs feels the need to have her main characterful do stupid things to increase the suspense. Brennan is supposedly a brilliant woman. But even after she convinces her colleagues that there is a serial killer, she goes out on her own to investigate and put herself at risk. And when it is clear to everyone that she is herself being stalked, no one guards her except almost by accident in the end. Silly. Ruins a decent book. ( )
  dasam | Jun 21, 2018 |

Jääskeläinen, JukkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shokoff, ElisaProducer & directorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sirola, JukkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Truett, GeorgeAbridgersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Karl and Marta Reichs, the two kindest and most generous people I know. Paldies par jusu milestibu, Vecamamma un Paps.

Karlis Reichs 1914-1996
I wasn't thinking about the man who'd blown himself up. Earlier I had. Now I was putting him together.

In the year since Tempe left behind a shaky marriage in North Carolina, work had often preempted her weekend plans to explore Quebec. But when an unidentified female corpse is discovered meticulously dismembered and stashed in garbage bags, Tempe detects an alarming pattern within the grisly handiwork--and she plunges into a harrowing search for a killer in the city's winding streets. With little help from the police, Tempe calls on her expertise, honed in the isolated intensity of the autopsy suite. But her investigation is about to place those closest to her--her best friend and her own daughter--in mortal danger....

A killer in Montreal is murdering and dismembering women, and police are getting nowhere. Forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan, a middle-aged lady from North Carolina, goes after him herself.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,581,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible