Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

Recently added bycesdemo, lulu1293, michaeldreed
Legacy LibrariesAyn Rand

English (445)  Spanish (1)  English (446)
This is great Dr. Seuss book. The word “not” is used 82 times. The characters include Sam-I-am, Mr. Negativity along with a cheerful mouse, fox, and goat. The book focuses on not wanting to try something that looks different. And after saying no so many times and then finally trying it, it is discovered that even though something looks different doesn’t mean it doesn’t taste good.

Comprehensive Strategy: Lessons can be made around the concept of trying new things. A question that can be used as a prompt: Have you ever had a strong judgment about something that you really thought you didn’t like and later discovered you really liked? ( )
  kafreehill | Dec 3, 2016 |
Summary: This is a classic children's book that kids of all ages love to read. It's just a simple poem that makes kids laugh about a man named Sam-I am who loves green eggs and ham! One of Dr. Suess's simple, yet deeply appreciated Children's books.

Personal Reaction: I, being the Dr. Suess fanatic that I am, was excited to read this book again. I want to do my first classroom theme as Dr. Suess, so I am sure my kids will hear this adorable little poem many times.

Classroom Extension:
1. I would have my kids write their own poem about their favorite food.
2. I would assign another Dr. Suess book for the class and ask them to identify different rhyming words.
  Shelby_Booker1214 | Nov 30, 2016 |
Genre:
Fantasy

Summary: This book is about Sam who loves Green Eggs and Ham. I could use this book to teach about rhymes. I could also use this book to teach about Dr. Seuss
  alewis14 | Nov 23, 2016 |
Dr. Suess books are always great books to read! They are always silly and have funny rhyming and tricky words that are really entertaining. The pictures are very well done and are silly which are enjoyable. The concept of green eggs and ham would make the kids laugh. ( )
  Oliviacap | Nov 22, 2016 |
Read to my grandson and he enjoyed. He is now working on reading it himself! ( )
  Bettesbooks | Nov 22, 2016 |
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,717,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible