HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Loading...

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
10,626410269 (4.33)124

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 124 mentions

English (404)  Spanish (1)  All languages (405)
Showing 1-5 of 404 (next | show all)
I read this little book in 1st grade. It was one of my first books, and one which helped teach me to read. ( )
  AveryBGoodman | Jun 26, 2016 |
Didn't like it as an adult and I doubt that I would have liked it as a child either. ( )
  Hellen0 | Jun 22, 2016 |
A great children's book ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
A bit tedious and not his best work, but his most famous for some reason. As always the rhyming is poetically gifted, it easily appeals to kids everywhere, simple to catch on to and remember. There is even a point to all the rhyming. Do enjoy his other pieces more with a bit more story ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Ok, this is a book that's fun to read to your kids over and over and over again. And if they get tired of it before you do, then make up variations, or act it out, or see if anyone has it memorized. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Showing 1-5 of 404 (next | show all)
I love this book it has lost of vibrant v colors and a good message to kids about trying something new even though it looks gross
added by samanthadawnn | editBook
 
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
I am Sam.
Quotations
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
העלילה כוללת שתי דמויות - סם בתרגום לעברית "שמי הוא שב" ודמות ששמה לא מוזכרת. סם הוא דמות אנרגטית ושמחה המנסה לשכנע את הדמות השנייה (העצבנית, רגזנית ודיכאונית) לאכול "ביצים וירך-חזיר ירוקים" - "green eggs and ham" בתרגום לעברית לא מוזכר המאכל. הדמות השנייה מסרבת לאכול את המאכל. סם מציע לאכול אותו במספר אתרים (בית, מכונית, צמרת עץ) ועם מבחר בעלי חיים שועל, ,תיש, עכבר.

בסיום הספר מסכימה הדמות השנייה לאכול את המאכל ומגלה שהיא אוהבת אותו.
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

(see all 6 descriptions)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

» see all 17 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
7 avail.
114 wanted
1 pay3 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.33)
0.5 3
1 13
1.5 7
2 49
2.5 12
3 246
3.5 15
4 586
4.5 59
5 1092

Audible.com

2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,793,004 books! | Top bar: Always visible