Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

This is another book from home and another one of my personal favorites. Sam I Am goes on a journey trying to convince his friends to eat green eggs and ham. ( )
  glguerra | Nov 28, 2015 |
The classic rhyming Dr. Seuss children's book. a great read aloud for the younger children.
  Bennice21 | Nov 19, 2015 |
This book is a classic by Doctor Seuss. The story starts off with a young boy named Sam who wants his friend to eat Green Eggs and Ham. He always asks his friend do you like green eggs and ham. His friend would always reply to Sam saying I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them Sam I am. Sam continues asking over and over with various places to eat the green eggs and ham. The friend always rhymes back to Sam in the same tongue he rhymed off the places in. However at the end of the book Sam’s friend gives in and eats the green eggs and ham and loves it.
Personal Reaction
I love this book. I think this book is a good example of children’s poetry. Dr. Seuss does a great job when it comes to use of rhyme. The illustrations are simple but follow the story perfectly. I would recommend this book for early readers it’s not to challenging but encouraging when the young reader completes it on their own.
Classroom Extensions
1.The teacher could teach a lesson about poetry and rhyme with this book.
2.The teacher could even cook green eggs and ham and have the class eat them after reading the book.
3. The class could create their very own Dr. Seuss inspired poetry book with illustrations to follow.
  KayleeClaunch | Nov 18, 2015 |
This book is about eating green eggs and ham in all kinds of places. The main character keeps say "NO!" to all the way to eat the green eggs and ham. He is offered to eat it everywhere, but he insists he does not like it and there is no way he will ever eat it. Finally he tries it to prove to the person that it is not good, but he ends up loving green eggs and ham.
I choice this book because it is a classic that is well known and loved. My personal reaction to the book is always a smile. I love this book because it shows kids that it is okay to try new things that are unfamiliar to them. The pictures are very well related to the words that are written on the page. I think this book would be easy for the kids to relate the picture to the words because they are very well drawn and colored.
An extension to this book could be Him trying to get someone else who does not like them to eat them. He could do it by doing it slightly different than the way it was done to him. Another extension could be that he makes him own green eggs and ham, but he changes the color. When he changes the color he can go back and try to get Sam-I-Am eat the new color he made. ( )
  hollym0714 | Nov 18, 2015 |
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss, is a famous children’s book about a character named Sam-I-Am, who throughout the book tries to convince the narrator to try green eggs and ham. He offers the food to the unnamed character in different locations and places, but the character refuses. He is, however, very persistent, and at the end of the story the unnamed character eats the green eggs and ham, and ends up loving it. This book is fun to read and is filled with fun and excitement for children of all ages. ( )
  NatalieMarshall | Nov 18, 2015 |
I love this book it has lost of vibrant v colors and a good message to kids about trying something new even though it looks gross
added by samanthadawnn | editBook

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Geisel, AudreyAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruiz, AristidesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuss, Theodorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?

העלילה כוללת שתי דמויות - סם בתרגום לעברית "שמי הוא שב" ודמות ששמה לא מוזכרת. סם הוא דמות אנרגטית ושמחה המנסה לשכנע את הדמות השנייה (העצבנית, רגזנית ודיכאונית) לאכול "ביצים וירך-חזיר ירוקים" - "green eggs and ham" בתרגום לעברית לא מוזכר המאכל. הדמות השנייה מסרבת לאכול את המאכל. סם מציע לאכול אותו במספר אתרים (בית, מכונית, צמרת עץ) ועם מבחר בעלי חיים שועל, ,תיש, עכבר.

בסיום הספר מסכימה הדמות השנייה לאכול את המאכל ומגלה שהיא אוהבת אותו.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,854,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible