Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

English (426)  Spanish (1)  All languages (427)
I believe that Green Eggs and Ham is a great example to show that if children try something that seems strange to them at first, they might really enjoy it! ( )
  laurenkt | Oct 22, 2016 |
A good, classic children's book that I always employ to get the toddlers to try new things! ( )
  renardkitsune | Oct 19, 2016 |
This is a good easy read for lower level grades such as first grade and kindergarten.
The book is about a fictional character named Sam-I-Am, trying to convince another character to eat green eggs and ham. The other character continuously said no until he finally gave up and decided to try the green eggs and ham. After he tried the green eggs and ham he really liked them.
This is a fictional rhyming book with repetitive phrases. ( )
  clarionb | Oct 19, 2016 |
In my opinion Sam I am is a great book because it has a lot of repeating phrases and words in it that can help beginner readers become more comfortable with those words. Some example of those phrases and words are green eggs and ham, Sam I am, here, there, like, and house. The book also contains a lot of words that are similar like house/mouse, fox/box, would/could. Repeatedly reading those words could really help a child's fluency. In my opinion, this also a really good book because of the bigger message behind it which is to try new things. 'Green Eggs and Ham' is about a boy named Sam who is trying to get his grumpy friend to try green eggs and ham. The friend refuses and claims he does not like green eggs and ham. Sam keeps trying to convince his friend to try the meal under certain circumstances such as "in a box or with a fox." Finally, the friend tries green eggs and hams and finds that he does in fact like the meal. This book teaches children to try things even if they don't think they'll like it which I think is important because it helps them step out of their shells a little bit. ( )
  ejones35 | Oct 17, 2016 |
teaches young children new words and that words can rhyme.
  Jennamg123 | Oct 13, 2016 |
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,760,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible