Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

Recently added byWindering, Soulshine, gjs3, blog_gal, private library, eparses, MacMasterFamily, mathsie, 826Michigan

Best book ever!!! ( )
  Debbie97462 | Jul 16, 2014 |
Age: 3

Source: Pierce County Library

A lyrical and hilarious in a way that both children and adults can appreciate, it also has a fantastic message about trying new things
  jessica_5906 | Jun 9, 2014 |
This was a book I read many times as a child, and I can certainly relate to, as I was a very picky eater. I refused to try anything that I didn't think looked tasty(although turning down eggs or ham that has turned green is probably wise). In this book, "Sam I Am" tries to convince the protagonist to try his green eggs and ham, which the narrator/protagonist really does not want to do. Finally he gives in and try them, and finds that he loves them. ( )
  alarso2 | May 19, 2014 |
One of my favorite books of all-time. The creativity of Dr. Seuss really comes through in "Green Eggs and Ham." The rhyming scheme flows well and goofiness of Sam helps provide and entertaining read. Dr. Seuss' illustrations add to the allure of text and help facilitate different emotions that occur throughout the book. I believe this book should be apart of any book collection! ( )
  bmmoore | May 9, 2014 |
I love this book. Green Eggs and Ham is a fun book that teaches children to try new foods! You could even incorportate this lesson by making your own waky foods! It's a funny one for children. I love it! ( )
  CMJohnson | Apr 28, 2014 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alexander, JasonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marcuse, Aída E.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westera, BetteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am Sam. Sam I am.
Do you like green eggs and ham?

העלילה כוללת שתי דמויות - סם בתרגום לעברית "שמי הוא שב" ודמות ששמה לא מוזכרת. סם הוא דמות אנרגטית ושמחה המנסה לשכנע את הדמות השנייה (העצבנית, רגזנית ודיכאונית) לאכול "ביצים וירך-חזיר ירוקים" - "green eggs and ham" בתרגום לעברית לא מוזכר המאכל. הדמות השנייה מסרבת לאכול את המאכל. סם מציע לאכול אותו במספר אתרים (בית, מכונית, צמרת עץ) ועם מבחר בעלי חיים שועל, ,תיש, עכבר.

בסיום הספר מסכימה הדמות השנייה לאכול את המאכל ומגלה שהיא אוהבת אותו.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:46 -0400)

Sam-I-Am tries to persuade his friend to try green eggs and ham.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,644,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible