Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

“Do you like green eggs and ham?” asks Sam-I-am in this Beginner Book by Dr. Seuss. In a house or with a mouse? In a boat or with a goat? On a train or in a tree? Sam keeps asking persistently. With unmistakable characters and signature rhymes, Dr. Seuss’s beloved favorite has cemented its place as a children’s classic. In this most famous of cumulative tales, the list of places to enjoy green eggs and ham, and friends to enjoy them with, gets longer and longer. Follow Sam-I-am as he insists that this unusual treat is indeed a delectable snack to be savored everywhere and in every way.

Originally created by Dr. Seuss, Beginner Books encourage children to read all by themselves, with simple words and illustrations that give clues to their meaning.(amazon).
  AmyStepaniuk | Dec 1, 2015 |
This book is another one of Dr. Seuss's crazy fun books. Sam wants him to eat green eggs and ham because they are delicious, but he does not want to eat them because he does not want to. He will not eat them here, he will not eat them there. Sam keeps pressuring him to try them, and eventually he does, and he likes them!
This book is fun for young children, and it rhymes. ( )
  tnelson12 | Dec 1, 2015 |
I find all Dr. Seuss books to be enjoyable for kids to read. This one is an all time favorite and I like how it is all rhyming but can be silly at times. This is definitely a very good read aloud book that will keep all kids engaged and there are fun lessons you can do with the read aloud after. It is also a lesson for young kids to try new things and not judge anything just from the way it may look. ( )
  nicole.emanuele | Nov 30, 2015 |
This book is all about rhyming and is very silly at times but kids love it!
  jfala001 | Nov 30, 2015 |
This tradebook is a rhyme book. Sam I am tries to get an anonymous character to eat green eggs and ham. The character doesn't want to eat them. Sam I am keeps pushing him to eat them, giving him different scenarios in which he may eat them. The anonymous character gets angry with him. Eventually, the anonymous character tries the green eggs and ham, and ends up liking them. I gave this story a four out of five stars. I think the story is a cute rhyming book, but Sam I am was being way too pushy. The illustrations look like they were done in colored pencil. The pictures make the story more goofy than it already is, so it keeps children interested. The pictures go into detail with what is happening in the story. I would use this in a classroom if we were doing a lesson on rhyming. The whole story rhymes and it does it with easier words for children to understand. I think it would help students understand what a rhyme is. ( )
  j.swancutt | Nov 29, 2015 |
I love this book it has lost of vibrant v colors and a good message to kids about trying something new even though it looks gross
added by samanthadawnn | editBook

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Geisel, AudreyAuthorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruiz, AristidesIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Seuss, Theodorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?

העלילה כוללת שתי דמויות - סם בתרגום לעברית "שמי הוא שב" ודמות ששמה לא מוזכרת. סם הוא דמות אנרגטית ושמחה המנסה לשכנע את הדמות השנייה (העצבנית, רגזנית ודיכאונית) לאכול "ביצים וירך-חזיר ירוקים" - "green eggs and ham" בתרגום לעברית לא מוזכר המאכל. הדמות השנייה מסרבת לאכול את המאכל. סם מציע לאכול אותו במספר אתרים (בית, מכונית, צמרת עץ) ועם מבחר בעלי חיים שועל, ,תיש, עכבר.

בסיום הספר מסכימה הדמות השנייה לאכול את המאכל ומגלה שהיא אוהבת אותו.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible