Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

Other authors: See the other authors section.

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
9,749353296 (4.33)119



Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 119 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 353 (next | show all)
As I have gotten older, I have seemed to lose interest in books by Dr. Suess. I will say that the language in this boom is very clear and easy to interpret if read to younger children. The story is also silly which adds humor and keeps children interested. The illustrations accompanied by the text are great in detail as well. The book also incorporates rhyming which a great skill to possibly teach first graders.
  sbanke1 | Oct 6, 2015 |
This classic Dr. Seuss is a great poetry book for young readers. It has humorous rhyming words, and is also great for teaching young children not to be picky with their food.
  crweiss | Oct 3, 2015 |
A clever little book. I find this book useful in teaching both indirect characterization and introducing prepositions. ( )
  lucybrown | Sep 27, 2015 |
A clever little book. I find this book useful in teaching both indirect characterization and introducing prepositions. ( )
  lucybrown | Sep 27, 2015 |
A clever little book. I find this book useful in teaching both indirect characterization and introducing prepositions. ( )
  lucybrown | Sep 27, 2015 |
Showing 1-5 of 353 (next | show all)
I love this book it has lost of vibrant v colors and a good message to kids about trying something new even though it looks gross
added by samanthadawnn | editBook

» Add other authors (5 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alexander, JasonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marcuse, Aída E.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westera, BetteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
First words
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
העלילה כוללת שתי דמויות - סם בתרגום לעברית "שמי הוא שב" ודמות ששמה לא מוזכרת. סם הוא דמות אנרגטית ושמחה המנסה לשכנע את הדמות השנייה (העצבנית, רגזנית ודיכאונית) לאכול "ביצים וירך-חזיר ירוקים" - "green eggs and ham" בתרגום לעברית לא מוזכר המאכל. הדמות השנייה מסרבת לאכול את המאכל. סם מציע לאכול אותו במספר אתרים (בית, מכונית, צמרת עץ) ועם מבחר בעלי חיים שועל, ,תיש, עכבר.

בסיום הספר מסכימה הדמות השנייה לאכול את המאכל ומגלה שהיא אוהבת אותו.
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

(see all 6 descriptions)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

» see all 16 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
7 avail.
49 wanted
3 pay

Popular covers


Average: (4.33)
0.5 3
1 12
1.5 7
2 42
2.5 11
3 213
3.5 15
4 508
4.5 58
5 956


2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.


Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,782,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible