Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

Recently added byprivate library, Cyndih, Angela.Mitchell, zholsopple, Hudgins, MainStLibrary, carole888fort, hastymom5
Legacy LibrariesAyn Rand

English (483)  Spanish (1)  All (484)
This is a very catchy book that I used to love to read in elementary school. There was one day at school in the morning that we were learning about poetry from this book and we all got to eat green eggs and ham (it was green food coloring that made the green!) I would love to do that with my future students some day. I would read this book to first graders. ( )
  MarkiT | May 11, 2017 |
One of the great books from the Dr. Seuss! This book rhymes throughout and discusses how he does not like green eggs and ham, not here, not there, not anywhere. But guess what? Once he finally tries them, he actually likes them! ( )
  TarynNicole | May 10, 2017 |
This book is about Sam who does not like Green Eggs and Ham. He refuses to try them but once he does he loves them. I enjoyed this book because as a child we would read it on Dr. Suess’s Birthday, and our school would make green eggs and ham. The reading levels for this book are kindergarten through fourth grade.
  ShaneKadrmas | May 5, 2017 |
Great for younger kids because of the pictures. They have funny characters and funny places they go. ( )
  bkelley22 | May 4, 2017 |
This silly book about a creature who does not want to eat green eggs and ham is a great choice for young readers. It is full of rhythm, rhyme, and repetition which will encourage children to memorize and participate in the retelling of the story. Furthermore, it has the potential to encourage children to try new foods. ( )
  scoomber | May 3, 2017 |
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:30 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,502,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible