Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Green Eggs and Ham (1960)

by Dr. Seuss

Series: Beginner Book

I have enjoyed this book since I was a little girl. I love the simplicity of the plot in this book. The phrase "I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am" is repeated over and over again, which is good for young children who are just learning how to read. I also like the rhyming theme in this book, "would you like them in a house? Would you like them with a mouse?" This teaches children that rhyming can be incorporated with reading and vise versa. I think the big idea of this book is just to get children to read by themselves using simple and familiar words. ( )
  eschoe1 | Oct 22, 2014 |
I think that it is a rely good book because it shoes that you have to try it before you don't like it. ( )
  Maya.Gaytan | Oct 20, 2014 |
Original classic, you have to love it. ( )
  aosby8 | Oct 20, 2014 |
Summary: The older creature is annoyed with Sam-I-Am and does not want anything to do with him from the start. Sam-I-Am tells the man to try green eggs and ham. Sam-I-Am tells the man to eat them in a house with a mouse and a box with a fox. The entire time to older creature is refusing to try Sam-I-Am's green eggs and ham. Sam-I-Am tries harder and offers for the older creature to eat the food in a tree or a train and even in the dark. Finally, after being pestered all day, the older creature tells Sam-I-Am that he will try the food if he is not bothered again. He then tries green eggs and ham and love it.

Review: This book of Dr. Seuss' is an amazing book that deals with a subject that many children relate to; trying new things. Dr. Seuss uses his words to encourage children to try new things such as food. Many children are picky eaters because children tend to eat with their noses and eyes before they eat with their mouths. This story teaches children that you can waste valuable time fighting with parents about food, especially if you have never tried the food before. The old man went through an entire day of refusing to eat green eggs and ham to learn that he loved them. Children can take away from this book that they should always be open to new things. ( )
  Kweber8 | Oct 19, 2014 |
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
I love this book it has lost of vibrant v colors and a good message to kids about trying something new even though it looks gross
added by samanthadawnn | editBook

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Alexander, JasonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marcuse, Aída E.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Westera, BetteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am Sam.
Do you like green eggs and ham?

העלילה כוללת שתי דמויות - סם בתרגום לעברית "שמי הוא שב" ודמות ששמה לא מוזכרת. סם הוא דמות אנרגטית ושמחה המנסה לשכנע את הדמות השנייה (העצבנית, רגזנית ודיכאונית) לאכול "ביצים וירך-חזיר ירוקים" - "green eggs and ham" בתרגום לעברית לא מוזכר המאכל. הדמות השנייה מסרבת לאכול את המאכל. סם מציע לאכול אותו במספר אתרים (בית, מכונית, צמרת עץ) ועם מבחר בעלי חיים שועל, ,תיש, עכבר.

בסיום הספר מסכימה הדמות השנייה לאכול את המאכל ומגלה שהיא אוהבת אותו.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800168, Hardcover)

This timeless Dr. Seuss classic was first published in 1960, and has been delighting readers ever since. Sam-I-am is as persistent as a telemarketer, changing as many variables as possible in the hopes of convincing the nameless skeptic that green eggs and ham are a delicacy to be savored. He tries every manner of presentation with this "nouveau cuisine"--in a house, with a mouse, in a box, with a fox, with a goat, on a boat--to no avail. Then finally, finally the doubter caves under the tremendous pressure exerted by the tireless Sam-I-am. And guess what? Well, you probably know what happens, but even after reading Green Eggs and Ham the thousandth time, the climactic realization that green eggs and ham are "so good, so good, you see" is still a rush. As usual, kids will love Dr. Seuss's wacky rhymes and whimsical illustrations--and this time, they might even be so moved as to finally take a taste of their broccoli. (Ages 4 to 8)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:46 -0400)

In verse, Sam-I-am tells of the virtues of green eggs and ham.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,409,865 books! | Top bar: Always visible