dismiss

What to Expect When You're Expecting (1984)

by Heidi Murkoff

Series: What to Expect

Cuts through the confusion surrounding pregnancy and birth by debunking dozens of myths that mislead parents, offering explanations of medical terms, and covering a variety of issues including prenatal care, birth defects, and amniocentesis.
Recently added byCPK, private library, chocorua, emglider, ImaikeLibraryClub, Brie2424, Glenside, AHNelson, apilmer

English (46)  Catalan (1)  All languages (47)
Has a lot of useful information and is easy to read. Unfortunately, it is way too long and repetitive. ( )
  troelsk | May 8, 2020 |
There was definitely some useful info for those looking to learn about the whole pregnancy process, though I didn't find the format as useful as other books I've read. I also thought there was some info for less-common (and more worrisome) symptoms/issues that were further upfront than they needed to be, which probably caused some readers unnecessary stress/worry. Take what you need from this book, but I wouldn't worry too much about the rest—definitely supplement with other books as needed. ( )
  kristi_test_02 | Feb 14, 2020 |
  kristi_test_02 | Feb 14, 2020 |
If I never again hear the phrase 'the baby dance', in reference to sexual intercourse, it will be too soon.... ( )
  ralphpalm | Nov 11, 2019 |
Mayores de 18 años
  Alba26 | Aug 22, 2019 |

Heidi Murkoffprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eisenberg, Arlenemain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hathaway, Sandeemain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mazel, Sharonmain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Murkoff has rewritten every section of the book, answering dozens of new questions and including loads of new asked-for material, such as a detailed week-by-week fetal development section in each of the monthly chapters, an expanded chapter on pre-conception, and a brand new one on carrying multiples. More comprehensive, reassuring, and empathetic than ever, the Fourth Edition incorporates the most recent developments in obstetrics and addresses the most current lifestyle trends (from tattooing and belly piercing to Botox and aromatherapy). There's more than ever on pregnancy matters practical (including an expanded section on workplace concerns), physical (with more symptoms, more solutions), emotional (more advice on riding the mood roller coaster), nutritional (from low-carb to vegan, from junk food–dependent to caffeine-addicted), and sexual (what's hot and what's not in pregnant lovemaking), as well as much more support for that very important partner in parenting, the dad-to-be.

Overflowing with tips, helpful hints, and humor (a pregnant woman's best friend), this new edition is more accessible and easier to use than ever before. It's everything parents-to-be have come to expect from What to Expect... only better.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,901,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible