Decorating with Crochet by Anne Halliday

Decorating with Crochet

by Anne Halliday

Some of the patterns in this book are really dated but it has some good basics (for example, rugs) which do not go out of style. The macrame crocheted item is a hoot as is the grandfather clock pattern. The placemats are simple but may be too thick for practical use (depending on the yarn you use). I have used it primarily for a tablecloth pattern.
  bobt395 | May 26, 2008 |
To say that I really, really, really like Anne Halliday's work is a bit of an understatement, so my review might be biased.

I am currently working on a a geometric rug that is featured in this book. I am not going to include the decorative tassels, but otherwise, I have followed the directions as close to exactly as I can get.

The book is well edited with clear directions. I have not yet encountered errors or directions so obscure they can't be followed.

A project that I have finished from the book is a wall hanging of a grandfather's clock. I used brightly colored acrylic yarns rather than the muted wools that were used in book as I was trying to make something that was playful. I finished the piece and it is now hanging in Middlesex Public Library. (The idea being that any time is a good time for reading).

I don't know exactly what it is I like so well about Ms. Halliday's designs, but I am usually able to pick them out of books and leaflets that feature her work along with the work of others. I don't know if it is the sculpture elements that capture my attention, or if I just have a very similar aesthetic, but I do love her work. ( )
  ljstahlhut | Mar 14, 2008 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible