Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Jesus Calling (original 2004; edition 2011)

by Sarah Young

Member:hobbitprincess
Title:Jesus Calling
Authors:Sarah Young
Info:Thomas Nelson (2011), Hardcover
Rating:*****
Tags:Devotional, Read 2012, Read 2013

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young (2004)

I wanted to include this book as "Finished" for 2014 as a great closure to the year...Even though there have been some passages that have been missed by mistake and this is a book that is a continuous read, It did get finished today, December 31, 2014. This book, on the days I was able to pick it up, touched my life in the time I needed it and what I was going through at the time...Even the passage I read today touched on what I am still dealing with.

When I initially bought this book in approximately 2012, I didn't read it nearly enough. I may have picked it up once, maybe twice a month...Even this year, I didn't read it daily, but I picked it up more than I have this year than I have since I have owned it. When I initially saw this book on a christian website, it was outside the budget I wanted to spend for it. Then I went to a thrift store and found it for $2.15; if that wasn't a blessing, I don't know what is! Because before I found it at the thrift store, I would periodically go back and check the price, it was still more than what I was willing and able to spend at that time.

This little book is a 365 day devotional with scriptures at the end of each passage that coincides with each little devotion. None more than a page long, if it is, it's not more than a page and a half (but all the ones I was able to read, never were more than a page that I remember).

Those of you who enjoy daily devotions or looking for your first, this is a great little book. I truly enjoyed it, especially this year, with all I have been dealing & struggling with. This is my first real devotion that I remember picking up and was able to read through a lot more regularly than any other that I remember. I think I had one as a teen/early 20's but I never really touched it then. Now that I am older and can appreciate it more and need encouragement..this is a great tool... ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
nice devotional ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Keeping in mind that this volume is a response by Sarah Young to an increasingly intimate relationship with the Christ, but she cautions the reader to recognize that she is the writer and has written the devotional from the perspective of Jesus, always, however, measuring her words and thoughts against Scripture. She uses biblical references at the end of each day's devotion to further enlighten the thoughtful recipient of this excellent devotional tool. I used it in conjunction with the Amplified Bible where I looked up her references. ( )
  SherylHendrix | Dec 29, 2014 |
I had to abandon this one. I couldn't get past her pretending to be Jesus. ( )
  tloeffler | Oct 1, 2014 |
Awesome book! I love it and it inspires me to love Jesus more every day! ( )
  MelanieKirk | Sep 5, 2014 |

Presents devotions for every day of the year, written as if spoken by Jesus directly to the reader, each accompanied with suggested Bible passages for further reading.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,078,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible