Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Jesus Calling (original 2004; edition 2011)

by Sarah Young

389None27,536 (4.21)7
Member:hobbitprincess
Title:Jesus Calling
Authors:Sarah Young
Info:Thomas Nelson (2011), Hardcover
Rating:*****
Tags:Devotional, Read 2012, Read 2013

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young (2004)

Unlike many devotionals I have read, I actually desire to read this every morning. I look forward to reminding myself of God's peace and love every day because so much of my life has been rooted in fear. I love that it has scriptures to back up what Sarah hears Jesus saying to her, so I don't do much wondering if it's the truth. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 4, 2013 |
Wonderful devotional! The best one I've found! ( )
  hobbitprincess | Dec 27, 2012 |
I enjoyed this little devotional book. It is written in the voice of Jesus which is a little annoying so it was not my cup of tea. I could not help but thinking that if the believer prays and meditates on the scriptures they too will recive their own interpretation of the scriptures directly from Jesus if they want it. If, however, they are not prone to pray in this manner then someone else's message from the Lord will have to do. Personally I prefer to get my messages directly from the Lord; that way as I know His message is specifically meant for me. ( )
  DivineMissW | Apr 21, 2011 |
Written in the voice of Jesus, I did not think I would like this one bit. As a rule, I'm not overly fond of devotionals, but I am enjoying this one tremendously. Each day I find a tidbit to chew on or encourage me throughout the day. I am not finished reading this yet, but I intend to continue, possibly for years. ( )
  MrsLee | Sep 16, 2010 |
Sarah Young has recorded words of comfort from our Lord Jesus given to her during her quiet time with Him. She has taken these words and formatted them into a daily devotional book, spread out over 365 days. Each day is complete with scripture references. I have the leather bound deluxe edition which feels like a treasure in my hands.

For the purpose of this review, I read the book through in its entirety. I am so comforted after reading this book to have confirmation that what I have believed is the voice of our Lord speaking to my heart, is indeed true. Jesus has such a wonderfully gentle and loving way of speaking, and Sarah Young has captured His essence in this book. I felt His presence while experiencing His words from one page to the next. I found myself receiving revelation knowledge as I read, and my interest was sparked to pursue further study on different Bible topics. I highly recommend this daily devotional to anyone who desires to know our Lord Jesus more intimately. ( )
1 vote cherylselby | Aug 25, 2010 |

Presents devotions for every day of the year, written as if spoken by Jesus directly to the reader, each accompanied with suggested Bible passages for further reading.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible