Dinotopia by James Gurney

Old Children's Book. Liked it as a kid, but haven't read it in years. ( )
  wodenthewanderer | Apr 2, 2013 |
Beautiful story, but it isn't the story so much as the images and the idea BEHIND the story that make this great. I love this entire series. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 12, 2012 |
This was my favourite book as a child. I remember ordering it from the Scholastic book club at school. The story of humans and dinosaurs living together is wonderful, and the illustrations are amazing. I remember reading in the preface that the author “found” the journal on which the story is based in a library, and thinking to myself that it therefore MUST be true.

The Scholastic edition I read seems to be out of print, but there will be a 20th anniversary edition coming out in the fall.

http://lebookshelf.tumblr.com/post/6477684425/67-dinotopia-a-land-apart-from-tim... ( )
  the_bookshelf | Jun 13, 2011 |
Group O1
  gilsbooks | May 21, 2011 |
Dinotopia by James Gurney

Beautifully illustrated, this lovely book convinces us that people and pre-historic creatures DO coexist on a faraway island. James Gurney tellls us it is the 1862 journal of Arthur Denison. Whatever its provenance I was enthralled. ( )
  Esta1923 | May 21, 2011 |
To Dan and Franklin, who have been there and back.
Having lost all my shipboard journals in the disaster of nine days ago, I will begin with the wreck itself, and the curious events that have followed.

Welcome to James Gurney's fantastic lost world of Dinotopia, where humans and intelligent dinosaurs have lived together in harmony for centuries, undiscovered by the rest of the world. Now these New York Times bestselling books are available from HarperCollins. The Dinotopia books are a celebration of the imagination for readers of all ages. In 1862, biologist Arthur Denison and his young son Will are washed up on the shore of an uncharted island, where they discover humans and an ancient race of dinosaurs sharing a civilization of wonder and adventure.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:04 -0400)

In 1862, after being shipwrecked in uncharted seas, Professor Arthur Denison and his twelve-year-old son Will find themselves washed up on a strange island where people and dinosaurs live together peacefully.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,466,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible