Atomic Lobster by Tim Dorsey

Atomic Lobster

by Tim Dorsey

3721929,102 (3.73)13

This book is basically a convergence of a bunch of individual storylines that all revolve around a particular area of Florida and a group of bad guys that the government is trying to catch. Immediately you are introduced to some of the most ridiculous characters around. And they are mixed in with what seem like perfectly normal people. The further into the story you go the more the story lines cross and every time they cross it is in a more ridiculous manner. I thought this book was hilarious, there were points where I giggled and some ridiculous scenes where the more I pictured them, the funnier they got! With all the hilarity and ridiculousness I do think there was some lack to the plot, which is too bad. When the book ended, it all wrapped up within like 5 pages and I felt like that could’ve happened anywhere in the book, so it didn’t quite leave me satisfied. But it did leave me laughing and for that reason I would read more books by him. This book is very similar to Carl Hiaasen’s Florida books, and if you like those you will like this one too! ( )
  afyfe | Jan 16, 2014 |
Stange little story that doesn't end how you think once you can figure out what is going on about mid way through the book. Not bad for a free book but you have to keep up.

Bettyb30 | Jun 24, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very rarely do I struggle through reading a book, but I did this one. There is very strong language, and the storyline just doesn't develop for me. There was just too much language, violence, graphic scenes, etc. Just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't recommend this book. ( )
  smilinkyn | Nov 23, 2009 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I hated this book almost from the very beginning. So much so that I didn't even get half way throught it let alone waste my time finishing it. It was vulger, violent and misogynist. It was also just stupid and monotonous. There are few books I would recommend less than this one.
  drsyko | Sep 25, 2009 |
Abandon ship! That's exactly what I did after the first disc of this horrible audio book. I enjoy satire, I really do. I get it. I don't mind some sex and violence in my books, (or my listens) but this "hero" (and I almost choke as I write that word) Serge A. Storms, is a vicious, stupid, anti-social excuse for a character. This book is nothing but some post-adolescent fantasy about being nasty to people in every way you can think of, and frankly, my real world is nasty enough without inviting Serge and his more than mildly demented friends in. Think of it as The Three Stooges meet Freddy Kroeger. I'm reasonable picky about what food I eat, so I shouldn't expect my mind to digest garbage either. ( )
1 vote tututhefirst | Aug 20, 2009 |
For Janine
My name is Edith Grabowski.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060829702, Mass Market Paperback)

Serge A. Storms is back with a bullet, torn between homicide and souvenirs, cranking up the fevered action as the pot boils over on a street called Lobster Lane. It's reunion time in the Sunshine State, and we're not just talking the family jamboree of the blood-soaked McGraw criminal clan, whose nastiest, meanest member, finally released from prison, is heading south bent on revenge. Serge's drug-addled bud Coleman's here as well, torn between getting hammered and getting more hammered, while trying to construct the biggest bong ever. Meanwhile the government is covering up a growing list of mysterious victims across Florida who may or may not be connected to a nefarious plot being hatched against national security. Something has set the Non-Confrontationalists off on a rampage. And everyone is rushing to flee Tampa on a cruise ship to hell.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:47 -0400)

Embarking on a new adventure off the coast of the Sunshine State, psychopath Serge A. Storms and his drug-addled sidekick find themselves surrounded by atypical retirees and drug dealers while working to outmaneuver federal agents and a fugitive murderer.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Atomic Lobster by Tim Dorsey was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible