Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark

Daddy's Little Girl (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Mary Higgins Clark

Member:bookXslut
Title:Daddy's Little Girl
Authors:Mary Higgins Clark
Info:Pocket (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark (2002)

English (21)  Danish (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (23)
Daddy’s Little girl by Mary Higgins Clark was actually published in 2003 but still today is by far one of the best books I have read in a long time. The storyline kept me reading wee in to late hours of the night to get to the end and I was spell bound at all the twist and turns that fit perfectly. The youngest sister found her older sister dead and led her parents and others to the body. She blamed one person for years as she herself struggled with the belief she was somewhat responsible too. The investigation and story was told in a very personal style allowing you to become part of this story.. ( )
  denisa.howe | Nov 17, 2014 |
I should have known I wouldn't like this book, as I generally do not like books by authors that write a few a year and that everybody loves. But, I loved "Where are the Children?" and this was laying around my parents house. It was exactly what I was expecting: nothing special. I feel like I could have picked up another one of her books and read the same thing with different characters. Don't waste your time, unless you like reading the same thing over and over and over and over again . . . ( )
  KatieEmilySmith | Sep 23, 2014 |
A nice thriller, an engaging read on a day when I was housebound with a nasty cold. I don't think I've read any Mary Higgins Clark before, but I will read more in the future. ( )
  wareagle78 | Feb 16, 2014 |
When Ellie was 7-years old, her 15-year old sister, Andrea, was murdered. The boy she liked, Rob, was convicted and put away for 23 years. When Ellie returns 23 years later to speak so hopefully he won't get parole, someone else comes forward to put the blame of the murder on another potential suspect from the time. Ellie is still convinced Rob murdered Andrea, and as an investigative reporter, she wants to prove that Rob did it without a doubt.

This was really good. It's quick to read and fast-paced. It kept me wanting to read to find out more. ( )
  LibraryCin | Dec 31, 2013 |
One of my first Mary Higgins Clark books i had read when i was younger and i loved it. I recently just picked it up to reread and i am so glad i did, it reminded me of why I love Mary. The story flowed effortlessly from the first part of the book being in third person narrative and the second half being first person narrative. I felt as if i was Ellie Cavanaugh on her search to prove that the man who spent twenty years in prison was truly her sisters killer. The story is a page turner until the very end and the joy is not in figuring out who the killer is (for you know from the start) but the journey into his twisted life and how money really can do almost anything...like covering up murder.
  Buffy-Tinkes | Aug 8, 2013 |
In loving memory of my father, Luke Joseph Higgins
When Ellie awoke that morning, it was with the sense that something terrible had happened.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743460529, Mass Market Paperback)

FROM MARY HIGGINS CLARK, AMERICA'S BESTSELLING "QUEEN OF SUSPENSE," COMES A CHILLING STORY OF MURDER THAT REACHES THE HEIGHTS OF SUSPENSE WHILE EXPLORING THE DEPTHS OF THE CRIMINAL MIND.

Ellie Cavanaugh was seven years old when her older sister was murdered near their home in New York's Westchester County. It was young Ellie's tearful testimony that put Rob Westerfield, the nineteen-year-old scion of a prominent family, in jail despite the existence of two other viable suspects. Twenty-two years later, Westerfield, who maintains his innocence, is paroled. Determined to thwart his attempts to pin the crime on another, Ellie, an investiga-tive reporter for an Atlanta newspaper, returns home and starts writing a book that will conclusively prove Westerfield's guilt. As she delves deeper into her research, however, she uncovers horrifying facts that shed new light on her sister's murder. With each discovery she comes closer to a confrontation with a desperate killer.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:44 -0400)

From Mary Higgins Clark, America's bestselling "Queen of Suspense," comes a chilling story of murder that reaches the heights of suspense while exploring the depths of the criminal mind. Ellie Cavanaugh was seven years old when her older sister was murdered near their home in New York's Westchester County. It was young Ellie's tearful testimony that put Rob Westerfield, the nineteen-year-old scion of a prominent family, in jail despite the existence of two other viable suspects. Twenty-two years later, Westerfield, who maintains his innocence, is paroled. Determined to thwart starts writing a book that will conclusively prove Westerfield's guilt. As she delves deeper into her research, however, she uncovers horrifying facts that shed new light on her sister's murder. With each discovery she comes closer to a confrontation with a desperate killer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,388,882 books! | Top bar: Always visible