Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Diamond That Cuts Through Illusion:…

The Diamond That Cuts Through Illusion: Commentaries on the Prajnaparamita… (1992)

by Thích Nhất Hạnh

I read this book on the same vacation that I read The Alchemist. This book is a direct opposite of that smarmy book. Thich Nhat Hanhn helps to unravel the Diamond Sutra, which is the Buddhist lesson on emptiness. While the lessons on impermanence were easy to grasp, the concept of emptiness has always been more difficult for me, but his style and approach made this much more accessible for me. The first part is the actual translation, and the second is where he pulls it apart and you can get the commentary of a true master and poet.

I plan on reading this book every few years. ( )
  HardcoverHearts | Mar 24, 2018 |
One of the most accessible introductions to the Diamond Sutra, an important but often difficult Indian Mahayana text that forms part of the Prajnaparamita, or Perfection of Wisdom, literature.

Includes the whole of the sutra, translated from Chinese (not the original Sanskrit) by Thich Nhat Hanh and two colleagues, plus his commentary, translated from Vietnamese.
  JamesBlake | Jun 5, 2010 |

The Diamond That Cuts Through Illusions presents a dialogue between the Buddha and his disciple Subhuti which illuminates how our minds construct limited categories of thought. It offers us alternative ways to look at the world in its wholeness so we can encounter a deeper reality; develop reverence for the environment and more harmonious communities, families, and relationships; and act in the world skillfully and effectively.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:44 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,466,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible