Mystic Horseman by Kathleen Eagle

by Kathleen Eagle

38None296,716 (3)1

Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Did the face of romance is change and I just didn’t get the memo? The Mystic Horseman by Kathleen Eagle only had one love scene by the time I reached 263. Christian romance and Regencies have more steamy love than this. I do want to add, I am not putting down any subgenres. I’ve just been reading a couple of erotica and there is a huge difference.

I like reading a variety of romance, not just one type of romance. When I open the book, I have expectations no matter what the subgenre is. The Mystic Horseman is listed as a romance, but didn’t follow the normal formula I’ve come to depend on. That in itself isn’t a bad thing, but I have another reason for listing this with a less than a perfect rating.

The book was redundant and well, flat out boring in too many areas. Other readers might like the painstaking (for me to read) details, but it had me wanting to claw my eyeballs out!

If a library employee hadn’t asked me to let her know how I liked the book, I would have closed it up long before the first skimpy love scene. Last night was the first time I stayed up to read a book I didn’t like. I’d had enough and didn’t want another day of this misery.

Next time someone at the library asks me to read a book, there will be conditions. The condition is that I have to like it!

The story would have been believable if the dialog hadn’t been used to tell the backstory of the book. I’m not sure why this is considered acceptable, but the author is a NY Times Best Seller. This method totally ruins the story for me.

One a positive note, the characters were more than well-defined. This was an area the author spent much time in developing and I could visualized even the minor characters with clarity. Kudos to Kathleen Eagle in that department!

Another positive was the ending. It was a logical move and blended well with the story. I wasn’t left scratching my head or wondering if the author let someone one else do it. Even though my rating is low, no doubt there will be other readers who find more passion between its covers.

Will I try another book from this author? Sure, if a reading buddy recommends it. You bet.

More reviews & raffles found at http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/ ( )
  judithkaye | Apr 16, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778325148, Mass Market Paperback)

Mystic Warriors Horse Camp, where wayward Lakota youth can connect with the Lakota spirit.

He has the land, the horses and the history.

Now all he needs is the money—and any help he can get.

Dillon's ex-wife, Monica, thinks he could use an ounce of common sense before anything else. But deep down, she feels that Dillon's project might mend their shattered family. And they will need to be united when Monica confesses a painful secret.

Ella Champion, television producer extraordinaire, works on a reality show where community projects get an inspiring makeover. Dillon's ranch could be her next show—and she thinks he could be the perfect man for her.

Suddenly Dillon has more help than he can handle. …

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:55 -0400)

In desperate need of help, Dillon, who dreams of starting the Mystic Warriors Horse Camp, a place for wayward Lakota youths, gets more than he had bargained for when a television producer sets her sights on him and his community project, and his ex-wife wants to mend their shattered family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,473,001 books! | Top bar: Always visible