The Innocent Traveller by Ethel Wilson

The Innocent Traveller (1949)

by Ethel Wilson

great character in aunt topaz. a good portrait of its time. ( )
  mahallett | Jul 8, 2017 |
This book was beautiful, funny...I just moved away from Vancouver and I found that Wilson's descriptions of her arrival to the city from England were so realistic and so telling of my own experience of love-at-first-sight that I had to put it down for a while for fear of pining for what was... ( )
  autumnc | Sep 13, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0771089554, Mass Market Paperback)

Precocious in childhood, irrepressible in old age, Miss Topaz Edgeworth’s singular accomplishment is to live out an entire century in unflagging – and mostly oblivious – optimism. At once outmoded and unconventional, tyrannical and benign, Topaz leads a largely unexamined life. But the magical quality of her consciousness, revealed through stunning narrative technique, makes her into one of the most delightful characters in Canadian literature. Published in 1949, The Innocent Traveller is Ethel Wilson’s most original literary achievement.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:27 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible