Woolcraft (This Morning) by Liz Bloor

Woolcraft (This Morning) (edition 1995)

by Liz Bloor, Liz Bloor (Editor), Una Stubbs (Introduction), Alice Starmore (Designer), Debbie Bliss (Designer)1 more, Kaffe Fassett (Designer)

Member:prairiespinner
Title:Woolcraft (This Morning)
Authors:Liz Bloor
Other authors:Liz Bloor (Editor), Una Stubbs (Introduction), Alice Starmore (Designer), Debbie Bliss (Designer), Kaffe Fassett (Designer)
Info:BBC Pubns (1995), Paperback, 136 pages
Collections:Your library, Knitting
Tags:knitting, patterns, colorwork, ethnic/regional, needlepoint, embroidery

Woolcraft (This Morning) by Liz Bloor

This is the book that contains the beautiful "Marina" sweater by Alice Starmore. It also has a handful of other handknits (some quite attractive), a chapter on machine knits, some crochet, needlepoint, and a few other crafts. The charts for colourwork appear to have been hand-drawn, which is surprising in a 1990s book, and are all in black and white with areas outlined. The squares are minuscule. I have middle-aged eyes: I would need them enlarged and possibly coloured to work from them. ( )
  muumi | Oct 4, 2007 |
This is kind of a strange book with no real theme to the patterns. I bought it because it has an Alice Starmore cardigan in it. Other than that, there's nothing that I would knit (and I probably won't knit the AS either, but it's pretty) ( )
  ginabeana | Jan 21, 2006 |

"Woolcraft" features 32 designer patterns for a variety of different woolcrafts including hand-knitting, machine-knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, embroidery, rugs and patchwork. Each pattern is illustrated with step-by-step diagrams.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:18 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,305,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible