The Road to Yesterday by L. M. Montgomery

The Road to Yesterday (1974)

by L. M. Montgomery

English (4)  Finnish (1)  All languages (5)
What a delightful trip back to Prince Edward Island! One must be familiar with the Blythes'/Ingleside's history in order to fully appreciate these stories; they did indeed provide good moments of poignancy and laughter. To see Rilla of Ingleside's story taking place in the background was quite a touch. ( )
  NadineC.Keels | Apr 10, 2014 |
The stories would have been much more satisfying without the constant Blythe name-dropping. One or two stories to allude to the lives of the Blythe clan post-Rilla would have sufficed, not the constant idolization of Anne Blythe.

Regardless there were some good stories in here, especially the last, A Commonplace Woman. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
L.M. Montgomery=joy. Although…these are all set in Avonlea and several of them mention Walter and…okay, I hope I’m not spoiling Rilla of Ingleside for anyone, but Walter was my favorite Blythe child and I cried buckets of tears in Rilla, and whenever anyone mentions Walter my throat starts getting all tight and my eyes start watering and I have to blink rapidly so as not to start bawling. [Jan. 2009] ( )
1 vote maureene87 | Apr 4, 2013 |
It's been a while since I read these, but as I looked back over the table of contents, I kept thinking, "Oh, I remember that one! It's so good." This is probably my favorite short story collection by L.M. Montgomery. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553560689, Mass Market Paperback)

For Anne and Gilbert Blythe, life in a small village is never dull because of all the entertaining gossip, and what strange and funny tales they hear: about the mischievous twins whose dearest wish comes true when they meet up with a bored and haunted millionaire; or clever Penelope Craig, who considers herself an expert on children -- until she adopts a boy of her own; or Timothy Randebush, a man so eager to keep his brother out of the clutches of a dangerous woman that he spirits her away -- only to fall prey to her charms himself. Filled with unexpected surprises, laughter, and tears, here are fourteen of the Blythes' favorite tales.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:42 -0400)

Fourteen short stories by L. M. Montgomery.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,445,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible