Tracy and Hepburn by Garson Kanin

Tracy and Hepburn (1970)

by Garson Kanin

Collected anecdotes provide insights into the characters and personalities of the two unpredictable, dynamic film stars.

English (5)  Spanish (1)  All languages (6)
A lovely and loving intimate memoir of Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. It's like sitting down with their old friend and listening to him tell you all his favorite stories about his two friends and his wife while weaving in their biographies.

Two very interesting people fleshed out as real and admirable.

"Wouldn't it be great if people could live as suddenly as they died?" - Katherine Hepburn ( )
  Chris_El | Mar 19, 2015 |
Garson Kanin (and his wife, Ruth Gordon) was a close friend and confidante of Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn, a writer of two of their films together, and uniquely positioned to write this memoir of the legendary couple and the times shared with him and his wife. The book is witty, revealing and personal. As much as I enjoyed reading these stories of my favorite film couple, I had to wonder if it caused any rift in the friendship with the very private Hepburn (Tracy was deceased by the time of publication, but I have no doubt he would have opposed the book's publication). Anyway, Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn were probably not the easiest people to be close to; both could be prickly and had numerous foibles one was bound to respect. But Kanin no doubt felt that the rewards of the friendship made it worthwhile. ( )
  burnit99 | Sep 8, 2012 |
Excellent Condition! ( )
  leslie440 | Feb 5, 2012 |
Great Condition, autographed by the Kanin, the author. ( )
  leslie440 | Jan 1, 2012 |
its like being privy to a love letter to two people (written by kanin TO both tracy and hepburn) that we the readers are privileged enough to be allowed to read. i first read this in paperback when it first came out in the early 1970s. i just purchased this original hardback and re-read it in a gulp .. and it pleased me just as much. a marvel.
  msteketee | Aug 17, 2009 |
To Kate and Spence

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,918,394 books! | Top bar: Always visible