The Prodigal Daughter. [Pocket Book]

The Prodigal Daughter. [Pocket Book] (original 1982; edition 1983)

Series: Kane & Abel (2)

Florentyna Kane inherited a vast hotel empire from her father, but his greatest gift to her was a love of America. She knew from childhood that it was a debt she would someday try to repay by running for the highest political office in the country. Along the path to power Florentyna finds fulfillment in love and family, but still she struggles with the burden of her duty and responsibility. Then, only a heartbeat away from her ultimate goal, she may lose everything in a mire of betrayal. Is the price of power higher than even Florentyna Kane can pay?… (more)
Member:hanina2
Title:The Prodigal Daughter. [Pocket Book]
Authors:
Info:Hodder & Stoughton (1983)

The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer (1982)

English (9)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (12)
This is part 2 of the trilogy and pick up where Book One left off pretty much. The daughter of Abel and the son of William are brought up by their respective families and eventually meet up and fall madly in love. The 2 families have a power struggle and threaten all they have worked for. Things finally work out to where Florentyna runs for President and wins. Of course there some cost and a price to pay for getting there.

This pretty much has the same spark that the first book had and I was looking quite forward to the 3rd book. ( )
  krgulick | Jun 19, 2019 |
abbandonato...c'è ancora un limite al rimbambimento...

[audiolibro]
  icaro. | Aug 31, 2017 |
Jeffrey Archer's family saga of Kane and Abel continues in this 2nd book of the series. Richard Kane is a banking magnate who is successful, handsome and determined to build a future with the woman he loves. Kate Rosnovski is that woman and her family are Polish immigrants with a love of America and a dream for the future. Kate's dream is to become the first female President of the United States. This book tells how she fulfills that dream. I enjoyed this book as much as the 1st book in the series and I now look forward to reading the 3rd book and last of the series. I highly recommend this series to those who love family sagas. ( )
  EadieB | Feb 18, 2017 |
Abel's daughter - Florentyna - marries Kane's son - okay story - rise t/ business and political world!

With a will of steel, Polish immigrant Florentyna Rosnovski is indeed Abel's daughter. She shares with her father a love of America, his ideals, and his dream for the future. But she wants more to be the first female president.

Golden boy Richard Kane was born into a life of luxury. The scion of a banking magnate he is successful, handsome, and determined to carve his own path in the world-and to
build a future with the woman he loves.

With Florentyna's ultimate goal only a heartbeat away, both are about to discover the shattering price of power as a titanic battle of betrayal and deception reaches out from the past-a blood feud between two generations that threatens to destroy everything Florentyna and Richard have fought to achieve.
  christinejoseph | Sep 5, 2015 |
Pretty uneven effort from Jeffrey Archer with this sequel to Kane and Abel. Some of the blandest chapters reside in the spine of The Prodigal Daughter. It needn't have been so. Maybe it was the eighties, and like John Le Carre and Stephen King, the author simply had to lay a thick book. Two striking events in the book makes it rise above the forgettable dreck of its generation.

First, is that salutation between Kane and Abel. It was written into the prequel, but the details weren't sketched yet. The circumstances revealed for this key event were very much inspired. Secondly, the deception of who Jessie is, is nothing short of a masterstroke. It could work so well on film. These two moments carried my interest forward. Without them, I might have abandoned this book. I think it deserves nothing more or less than three stars.

I knew before that Florentyna would be president, yet the way things turned out brought ample surprise. And poor Richard. Poor him, so forgotten that I nearly forgot myself to mention him. I who regret his early exit. The unbelievable way he is forgotten by the heroine, plus the easy way the latter shrugged into calling Edward "darling" makes me wish the book had ended with Richard's recovery. I'm still on the fence in my mind about how often to read unread Jeffrey Archer books. His latest efforts were up to par. We'll see. ( )
  Jiraiya | Sep 2, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,448,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible