Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:littleturtle82
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, fantasy, classics, mystery, novel, romance, humor, children, young adult, series, horror, 850L, 4th-6th grade reading level, politics, crime

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (205)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (207)
I liked this one even more than the first one. I love Harry's sarcastic attitude. This one started a little slow but then it just turned to non stop action. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
This is book #2 in The Dresden Files. I've heard from numerous sources (mostly the internet) that if I'm a fan of Urban Fantasy, I NEED to read these books. So I picked up the first three. I was warned ahead of time that they don't get really good until farther in (I want to say the 6th but I could be wrong on that). So what did I think?

*sigh* I am having a hard time with these books.

The concept is great. I love the idea of this book. I mean, Harry Dresden's side kick is a talking skull. But it doesn't quite mesh properly for me to enjoy.

I don't feel anything towards the characters. One of the side characters die (that's not a spoiler) and I didn't even know who they were. I had to flip all the way back to the front to remember.

It was a quick read that was semi entertaining, and it was one I'd read if you don't really want to have to think too much. But I like a little more substance with my supernatural. I will, however, stick this series out to see if it gets any better. Consider it a personal challenge. ( )
  keyboardscoffee | May 30, 2016 |
Struggled with this one, found myself skipping over passages as the language seemed a little unclear and hammy. The overall story should have gripped me more but I couldn't quite settle into it. The descriptions seemed tired and overused and the humour forced. Not the best so far but i will keep reading the series ( )
  Felicity-Smith | May 29, 2016 |
I love this series. Harry Dresden is one of the most relatable characters I've ever come across. ( )
  khaddox | May 8, 2016 |
Fool Moon
3.5 Stars

The plot is action packed and exciting and the world building continues to develop with this installment focusing on the various types of wolf-shifters. There is a lot of information and detail that can be confusing at first, but it all makes sense by the end. One of the most compelling aspects of the storyline is that the distinctions between good an evil are not always clear and appearances can be deceiving.

Harry is a very likable protagonist and I enjoy his wit and sarcasm, particularly when he gets into sticky situations. Nonetheless, he has a tendency to come across as weak at times mainly because he is reactive rather than proactive. He waits for things to happen and copes with the fallout rather than seeking out clues and coming up with a workable plan. Moreover, his magic has a bad habit of failing him at precisely the moment he needs it most - what then is the point of his being a wizard?

The secondary characters are interesting bunch. Murphy is seriously annoyed with Harry after the events of Storm Front and while her attitude is understandable, it is disappointing that their friendship is in danger. Harry's relationship with Susan heats up in a completely different way and more details are provided about Elaine, a woman from Harry's past. It will be interesting to see how Harry's love life develops but I'm definitely a Harry/Murphy shipper.

All in all, an entertaining read and I look forward to getting some answers on who is out to get Harry. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 8, 2016 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:51 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,958,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible