Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:littleturtle82
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, fantasy, classics, mystery, novel, romance, humor, children, young adult, series, horror, 850L, 4th-6th grade reading level, politics, crime

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Recently added bydrhapgood, shelflife, private library, galphin, ladyofbadgers, dracoangelica, shantedze, MrsLee
    Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (161)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (163)

Now that's more like it.

Apart from the troubles our dear Spike (James Marsters, not the character of the same name in the book, which gave me the giggles for its meta-ness) had with his breathing and gulping, the audio version of this 2nd book in the series is about 1000 times more fun than the 1st book in the series, which I read on "paper." It seems that Marsters, and his publisher - shouldn't they have been giving him tips?? - figured this out in later books as the audio segments are shorter. Poor man was trying to do 8-10 minute segments without a break! Superhuman strength, Spike.

The content itself was also more well-thought-out, rounded, better plotted, etc. I won't say better written. I still think Butcher rather stinks as a writer. For instance, if he mentions that "crime doesn't pay" in the next book, I will literally scream. But overall, these books are a really fun way to a) exercise b) work in the garden or c) do your physical therapy. ( )
  khage | Jun 8, 2014 |
Better than the first. Love the representation of werewolves. ( )
  thedreadlink | May 16, 2014 |
This was painful to get through, but I had heard this series takes a turn for the better with book 3 and that is the case for me. Karen Murphy is one of the most frustrating characters ever, and I almost quit this book on several occasions because of her. ( )
  LAHoffman | May 1, 2014 |
This is an impressive series. This one isnÉ??t one of my favorites, probably because I don√ā¬É??t like werewolf stories, but the characters continue to develop and stakes get higher. The audio versions read by James Marsters are really terrific.

http://www.fantasyliterature.com/fantasy-author/butcherjim/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
Harry is still a magnet for trouble in Fool Moon. The way he gets out of this trouble, I'm not sure if you'd call it good luck, bad luck, or some kind of twisted mix of the two. It is entertaining.

Yes, there are weaknesses in the book. For a cop, Murphy is a weensy bit stupid. Harry looks at every female character in terms of their sexual appeal - even the evil ones. And he tends to treat them as damsels in distress. Chauvinist much?

But, Harry is funny. I can forgive so much if someone makes me laugh! He's not afraid to admit his weaknesses. People are chasing him and he doesn't want Susan, who is giving him a ride, to get hurt. Harry says, "So I, uh, sort of threw myself out of the passenger seat of a moving car. Don't look at me like that (he tells the reader). I'm telling you, it made sense at the time." And for Harry, it did! So it makes sense to keep riding along with Harry to see what happens next! ( )
1 vote NCRainstorm | Mar 24, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:41 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,603,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible