Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:littleturtle82
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, fantasy, classics, mystery, novel, romance, humor, children, young adult, series, horror, 850L, 4th-6th grade reading level, politics, crime

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (164)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (166)
I wish these Dresden files books had a different structure. My preference was for Murphy and Harry to keep the inquiry they're working on in preliminary stages and then solve the case in the last five chapters. I loved that side of the story in book one also. I got to know more about Harry. I know there is unfinished business between him and his past and the Nevernever. The big flaw in the book is the drawn out bloodless (figuratively) skirmishes that constituted the finale in this adventure. For, make no mistake, adventure it is. I genuinely think that The Dresden Files has more in common with the Jungle Books than with Fantasy elements. I'm thrilled to expect to be back on the trail for the next adventure. ( )
  Jiraiya | Sep 13, 2014 |
Murphy completely ruined this book for me. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Chicago has become the stopping place for every type of werewolf you never knew existed! Now it is up to Harry Dresden, resident wizard, to sort them and settle them. If he can survive. Of course, everyone he cares about is in peril, mayhem results, life is nearly over, and yet, he pulls it out at the end. Sorry for the spoilers, but did you really think he wouldn't?

This is the second in the Dresden series, and by far the roughest. I really didn't like it the first time I read it, however, this time, it was not so bad. I'm not sure whether that was because of the excellent narration of James Marsters, or because I've read all of the Dresden novels and have the knowledge of what is to come to get me through this one. The plot is way over the top what with all the werewolves, Harry is too self-absorbed, Murphy is not Murphy yet, but it does lead one further into the series. ( )
  MrsLee | Jul 30, 2014 |

Now that's more like it.

Apart from the troubles our dear Spike (James Marsters, not the character of the same name in the book, which gave me the giggles for its meta-ness) had with his breathing and gulping, the audio version of this 2nd book in the series is about 1000 times more fun than the 1st book in the series, which I read on "paper." It seems that Marsters, and his publisher - shouldn't they have been giving him tips?? - figured this out in later books as the audio segments are shorter. Poor man was trying to do 8-10 minute segments without a break! Superhuman strength, Spike.

The content itself was also more well-thought-out, rounded, better plotted, etc. I won't say better written. I still think Butcher rather stinks as a writer. For instance, if he mentions that "crime doesn't pay" in the next book, I will literally scream. But overall, these books are a really fun way to a) exercise b) work in the garden or c) do your physical therapy. ( )
  khage | Jun 8, 2014 |
Better than the first. Love the representation of werewolves. ( )
  thedreadlink | May 16, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:41 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,804,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible