Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:ElizaBaum
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:magic, urban fantasy

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Recently added byjynxpierce, ilovekittens, ReadingUrs, private library, preplibrary
    Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (168)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (170)
I'm really enjoying this series on audio, especially with the excellent narration by James Marsters. ( )
  Dawn94 | Dec 20, 2014 |
I liked Butcher's take on werewolves in this second book of the Dresden files. Harry's continuing tension with Murphy, and the fact that they both realize they need each other to help with the onslaught of supernatural disasters that are occurring more frequently makes for a real page turner. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 8, 2014 |
So many types of werewolves... ( )
  ladypembroke | Nov 22, 2014 |
The second in Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files, an urban fantasy series featuring Chicago wizard, Harry Dresden. This time Harry is up against a killer who has an MO with many of the traits of a werewolf. Although the mystery in this story is good, what draws me to this series is this magical world intertwined with our world. Jim Butcher does an excellent job of not giving long exhausting details about his world and all of the rules that go along with it. Instead he feeds you minute small pieces that relate to the plot of the current mystery. It definitely has drawn me in enough that I want to continue the series just to add more color to this intriguing world. I love the narration by James Marsden. He has a scratch breathy voice that adds to the gritty urban fantasy world. ( )
  jmoncton | Oct 19, 2014 |
I wish these Dresden files books had a different structure. My preference was for Murphy and Harry to keep the inquiry they're working on in preliminary stages and then solve the case in the last five chapters. I loved that side of the story in book one also. I got to know more about Harry. I know there is unfinished business between him and his past and the Nevernever. The big flaw in the book is the drawn out bloodless (figuratively) skirmishes that constituted the finale in this adventure. For, make no mistake, adventure it is. I genuinely think that The Dresden Files has more in common with the Jungle Books than with Fantasy elements. I'm thrilled to expect to be back on the trail for the next adventure. ( )
  Jiraiya | Sep 13, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:41 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,476,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible