Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:ElizaBaum
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:magic, urban fantasy

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (172)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (174)
In this second entry in the Dresden Files, Chicago wizard Harry Dresden is called in to consult on an odd murder where the chief clues include a strange, gigantic wolf print. Harry crosses swords with werewolves and the series' continuing guest villain, Gentleman Johnny Marcone, Chicago's mob boss who figures in somehow. Someone once said that he takes his hero and puts him jeopardy, and keeps him there. This fits the bill. Everybody, it seems, winds up wanting a piece of Harry. Good characters, private eye humor, lots of fun and Harry pulls it off again...by the skin of his teeth. ( )
  NickHowes | Apr 19, 2015 |
Warewolves? Really? No. That is definitely not the kind of more interesting monster I had in mind wishing the monsters weren't so boring. Though I must admit that all supernatural series, whether in books or television, touch on the subject sooner or later, and this wasn't by all means the worst story. And Tera really made it all so much better! Ah, a breath of fresh air, that she-wolf.

If in the first book I did not much care for Murphy, in this one I outright despised her. That has got to be the most boring, shallow, superficial, bitchy, humorless and wittyless character yet. Please tell me Dresden isn't goind to ask her out. Please?

Loved all the drama, definitely. Dresden crying? Poor, poor Dresden.

Still hooked. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
Underwhelmed. I would rather read about the Nevernever and the White Council. They seem to be much more interesting characters. I am tired of hearing about Harry's stupid jacket. Can we move on to bigger and better things please. I will say this, the police station...incident was pretty darn good. I suppose I shall plod on with the series. It really not terrible. But not something I want to read all in a row like other series out there. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
This series continues to get better and better. I'm only on the second one and I can't wait to continue the series. This is literally not one minute of downtime in this book. Every time you think wizard, Harry Dresden, is going to get a break all sorts of hell breaks loose. The book opens with Harry complaining how slow it's been, then BAM, werewolf action. As if werewolves couldn't be more deadly, Harry discovers that there are more than one type of werewolf out there, some impostors, some immortal, some cursed, ALL deadly and if things keep the way they're going he may have to face all of them. Werewolves, mobsters, and cops are all after Harry Dresden, how will he ever scrape through this one? Trust me, you have to read to find out and you won't be disappointed! ( )
  ecataldi | Dec 28, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:41 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,709,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible