Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:mamzel
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:2013
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Chicago, wizard, murder, werewolves, mystery, AD, 13 in 13

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (212)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (214)
I enjoyed the story. I still have a bit of a tough time with Harry's "chivalry" but the fact that he fully admits he's sort of a sexist but because he wants to treat a woman well and protect her helps me not want to punch him sometimes. But this book did have him feeling sorry for himself quite a bit. I feel like he did that in the last one, too, but it's been awhile.

I will probably read the next in the series at some point. I do like the characters and the story lines are dark and fun. ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
Murphy completely ruined this book for me. ( )
  Aneris | Aug 12, 2016 |
I found this to be a mediocre follow-up to the first book in the series. I felt the characters had become more one-dimensional and the story less interesting.

As you might guess from the title, Harry Dresden, Wizard, is dealing with werewolves in this part of the Dresden files. There are some interesting additions to werewolf lore but no interesting additions to Harry or his world.

James Marters' reading adds a deep world-weary tone to the audiobook. ( )
1 vote dougcornelius | Jul 25, 2016 |
Harry is stretched past his limits in this confrontation between his power and the assorted variety of werewolves that populate this novel. I was very interested in the kinds of magic Harry was able to do and also a bit overwhelmed with the very graphic nature of the violence. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Jul 8, 2016 |
Fool Moon - Butcher
Audio performance by James Marsters
3 stars

This second book in the Dresden Files series confirmed my opinion of the first one. Harry Dresden is a good guy. I like him. But, he has so many dangerous paranormal adventures that they become tediously predictable. This book did not have as much humorous byplay as the first book. There were a few too many descriptions of beautiful, partially or fully naked females for my tastes. I’m sure that would not trouble the author’s obvious target audience; young, adult males.
  msjudy | Jun 21, 2016 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:51 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,479,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible