Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

Member:mamzel
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:2013
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Chicago, wizard, murder, werewolves, mystery, AD, 13 in 13

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (208)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (210)
Fool Moon - Butcher
Audio performance by James Marsters
3 stars

This second book in the Dresden Files series confirmed my opinion of the first one. Harry Dresden is a good guy. I like him. But, he has so many dangerous paranormal adventures that they become tediously predictable. This book did not have as much humorous byplay as the first book. There were a few too many descriptions of beautiful, partially or fully naked females for my tastes. I’m sure that would not trouble the author’s obvious target audience; young, adult males.
  msjudy | Jun 21, 2016 |
2nd book of the Harry Dresden files series. Pretty good, not sure if I liked this one or the first better. Still has the annoying tendencies for misunderstandings between characters (grrrr) but not as bad as the first. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
I liked Fool Moon just as much as Storm Front and am looking forward to the next book of the series. Butcher is a great storyteller, and I am completely wrapped up in his world. ( )
  shulera1 | Jun 7, 2016 |
Fool Moon
3.5 Stars

The plot is action packed and exciting and the world building continues to develop with this installment focusing on the various types of wolf-shifters. There is a lot of information and detail that can be confusing at first, but it all makes sense by the end. One of the most compelling aspects of the storyline is that the distinctions between good an evil are not always clear and appearances can be deceiving.

Harry is a very likable protagonist and I enjoy his wit and sarcasm, particularly when he gets into sticky situations. Nonetheless, he has a tendency to come across as weak at times mainly because he is reactive rather than proactive. He waits for things to happen and copes with the fallout rather than seeking out clues and coming up with a workable plan. Moreover, his magic has a bad habit of failing him at precisely the moment he needs it most - what then is the point of his being a wizard?

The secondary characters are interesting bunch. Murphy is seriously annoyed with Harry after the events of Storm Front and while her attitude is understandable, it is disappointing that their friendship is in danger. Harry's relationship with Susan heats up in a completely different way and more details are provided about Elaine, a woman from Harry's past. It will be interesting to see how Harry's love life develops but I'm definitely a Harry/Murphy shipper.

All in all, an entertaining read and I look forward to getting some answers on who is out to get Harry. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
I liked this one even more than the first one. I love Harry's sarcastic attitude. This one started a little slow but then it just turned to non stop action. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:51 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,821,604 books! | Top bar: Always visible