Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) by Jim…

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2) (edition 2001)

by Jim Butcher

6,051None682 (3.9)264
Member:mamzel
Title:Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc (2001), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Collections:2013
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Chicago, wizard, murder, werewolves, mystery, AD, 13 in 13

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

audiobook (39) Chicago (138) crime (52) detective (129) Dresden (124) Dresden Files (402) ebook (55) fantasy (828) fiction (470) Harry Dresden (121) horror (42) Jim Butcher (51) magic (279) mystery (285) noir (35) novel (34) own (27) paperback (45) paranormal (123) read (99) science fiction (77) series (118) sff (57) supernatural (102) to-read (48) urban (36) urban fantasy (544) vampires (87) werewolves (242) wizards (349)
    Gateways by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (AFHeart)
    AFHeart: Like Dresden, the book is about a loner with parental issues who has natural powers. In the Kate Daniels series she is not used to having friends or trusting others because of her natural magic. Also like Dresden there is sexual tension but realistic, there is violence in fighting demons but it is not gory for the sake of gore. Kate Daniels books have more world building.… (more)
    The Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson (Scottneumann)

English (160)  Catalan (1)  German (1)  All languages (162)
This is an impressive series. This one isn??t one of my favorites, probably because I donƒ??t like werewolf stories, but the characters continue to develop and stakes get higher. The audio versions read by James Marsters are really terrific.

http://www.fantasyliterature.com/fantasy-author/butcherjim/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
Harry is still a magnet for trouble in Fool Moon. The way he gets out of this trouble, I'm not sure if you'd call it good luck, bad luck, or some kind of twisted mix of the two. It is entertaining.

Yes, there are weaknesses in the book. For a cop, Murphy is a weensy bit stupid. Harry looks at every female character in terms of their sexual appeal - even the evil ones. And he tends to treat them as damsels in distress. Chauvinist much?

But, Harry is funny. I can forgive so much if someone makes me laugh! He's not afraid to admit his weaknesses. People are chasing him and he doesn't want Susan, who is giving him a ride, to get hurt. Harry says, "So I, uh, sort of threw myself out of the passenger seat of a moving car. Don't look at me like that (he tells the reader). I'm telling you, it made sense at the time." And for Harry, it did! So it makes sense to keep riding along with Harry to see what happens next! ( )
1 vote NCRainstorm | Mar 24, 2014 |
Fool Moon by Jim Butcher is the is the second of the Dresden Files series. I listened to the audio, read again by James Marsters.

Dresden is called on to help solve a series of ghastly murders. This time they appear to be some mixture of mob kills and werewolf huts.

The problem is that Dresden doesn't know much about werewolves. He also doesn't see how, based on his limited knowledge, these people could be werewolves. Their pattern of killing doesn't exactly follow the moon.

There are many more complicated rules to how werewolves work. And there's more than one type And to make things even worse for Dresden, someone has found a way to break the rules to his or her own advantage. ( )
  pussreboots | Feb 27, 2014 |
*Book source ~ Purchased from Audible

Chicago’s only wizard, Harry Dresden needs some jobs or he’s going to be even skinnier than he already is. When he steps in as a special consultant on one of Murphy’s cases, he thinks he’s dealing with a werewolf. Unfortunately, there’s a lot more going on than Harry knows, but he’s about to find out.

Guest reviewers:
A ~ my 16-year-old daughter
T ~ my 14-year-old son
K ~ my 13-year-old son

Book 2 still has the kids loving Harry and his world. A in particular likes the descriptions on how to make potions and the explanations of the various types of werewolves. They like the new characters of Tera, MacFinn and the Alphas. They did not like the FBI agents and thought Agent Benn was particularly creepy.

They really liked the whole scene in the jail when the loup garou (MacFinn) goes nuts and escapes while Harry tries to fight him. Again the humor throughout the book is a big hit and Harry’s use of magic is considered extremely cool.

Favorite quote: “Don’t mess with a wizard when he’s wizarding!”

Book 3, Grave Peril, here we come! ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 19, 2014 |
Λίγο χειρότερο από το πρώτο.​ ( )
  Antonis.Papadakis | Jan 30, 2014 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chong, VincentIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I never used to keep close track of the phases of the moon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451458125, Mass Market Paperback)

Could a werewolf be loose in Chicago? Common sense says no. The grisly evidence says yes. So does Harry Dresden. And with his weird connections, he should know.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:17:41 -0400)

When the corpse of a brutally mutilated murder victim turns up at the time of the full moon, accompanied by some most unusual paw prints, professional wizard and supernatural investigator Harry Dresden finds himself searching Chicago for the werewolf stalking the city.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,484,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible