The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze…

The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Suze Orman

1,036None8,179 (3.26)3
Member:THCentralPC
Title:The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom
Authors:Suze Orman
Info:Crown Publishers, Inc. (1997), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 288 pages

The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom by Suze Orman (1997)

very informative on the topic of money Management and financial freedom.
  margolu | May 14, 2012 |
The 9 steps to financial freedom are: 1. discovering your strange hang-ups about money, 2. getting over your strange hang-ups about money, 3. knowing how much you spend and how much you need to spend, 4. wills/trusts/life and LTC insurance, 5. debt reduction and saving for retirement, 6. investing, 7. charity, 8. accepting a cycle of setbacks and gains, 9. life is not really about your net worth.

Suze Orman is a genius at constructing a narrative about personal finance that makes even estate planning fun to read. ( )
  bkohl | Jun 3, 2009 |
This book has a lot of great financial advise. It was very easy to understand and I found it helpful when I was looking at IRA's and 401K's. I would recommend it to anyone who is as clueless as I am about the world of finance. ( )
  lsknightsr1 | Jan 7, 2009 |
Good ideas. I think I'm still on step one. ( )
  Jua | Jun 29, 2008 |
Suze Orman has nine steps to financial freedom. The first three are very basic things about trying to determine your past and your feelings about money. She tries to get to the root of why you act the way you do about your finances. The next three steps are the practical steps about handling and investing money in the right way (get out of debt, wills, trusts etc). The last three steps are her "spiritual" steps to financial freedom. Overall, I have read enough personal finance information that I must say I didn't really get anything out of this. It would be a great place to start for people who haven't ever paid any attention to their money at all. However, I still found it fascinating because she tries to teach some basic principals of finance that I learned from the Bible in a way that leaves out any specific religion. In fact, she has one whole section where she urges her readers that they will never be financially free until they can give away a portion of their money every month from their first paycheck! Isn't that funny? She is basically espousing the Bibilical prinicpal of tithing as an essential part of even a secular financial plan! Worth a read if you are a personal finance kind of person (and you should be). ( )
  tkraft | May 23, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0517707918, Hardcover)

When Suze Orman was 13 she watched her father dive into the flames of his burning take-out chicken shack in order to rescue his cash register. In that moment Orman learned that money was more important than life itself. And so it became her quest to be rich. But years later, when Orman became a wealthy broker with a huge investment firm, she was profoundly unhappy. What went wrong? She had not yet achieved financial freedom. In her nine-step program, Orman covers the ingredients to financial success--confronting our beliefs and fears, learning the nuts and bolts (and insiders secrets!) of savvy management, and finding the spiritual trust that leads to abundance.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:49 -0400)

Suze Orman goes beyond the nuts and bolts of managing money to explore the psychological, even spiritual, power money has in our lives. Before we can get control of our finances, we must get control of our attitudes about money, feelings that were shaped by our earliest experiences with it. Letting go of these anxieties and creating new attitudes are the first steps of Suze Orman's program. Next comes mastering the practical elements of financial life: investments, credit, insurance, and estate and retirement planning. This book tells you everything you need to know to provide for yourself and your family - not abstract principles but specific, concrete, and easy-to-follow procedures. You'll also learn why you should trust your own instincts more than someone else's advice in making any financial decision. Finally come the most unusual - and powerful - steps: understanding the spiritual side of money. As Suze Orman explains, financial freedom is about realizing that we are worth far more than our money. Her program concludes by showing how to leave behind financial anxieties and open ourselves to true abundance - not only of the pocketbook but also of the heart.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,447,282 books! | Top bar: Always visible