Small Pig by Arnold Lobel

Small Pig (1969)

by Arnold Lobel

Cute story of a pig who runs away from the farm in search of good, soft mud after the farmer's wife cleans up the barnyard and pigpen. He ends up getting stuck in wet cement in the city before the farmer and his wife rescue him and bring him back to the farm.
  tracybeggs | Jul 15, 2015 |
I loved this book! It was so cute and just a really fun read. I liked this book for a few reasons. I liked this book because of the illustrations. Something I found interesting about the illustrations was that they were all very similarly colored. It seemed as though the colors were the same, but the actions were different. I also liked the shared reading capability of this book just like Arnold Lobel's other book Mouse Soup. It has a consistently repeating phrase throughout the book "Then he sits down, and sinks down, into the good soft mud." The main message of this book is to appreciate what you have at home, I believe. Small Pig runs away when the farmer's wife cleans up his mud, and because of this, ends up in a city stuck in cement. I loved this book and would definitely keep it in my future classroom. ( )
  CRoss13 | Apr 22, 2015 |
Yes it's old, but it's still adorable. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
  BRCSBooks | Sep 16, 2014 |
This adorable book is about a small pig who lives on a farm and loves to play in the mud. He plays in the mud until the farmers wife cleans her house and the entire outside, including the pigs pen. The pig gets very angry and runs away. He runs to a variety of places, meeting different creatures while he is looking for his mud. The little pig goes back to the farm witht he farmer and his wife where the raid has brought new mud for him to play in.
* To be used in B-2 classroom as a read aloud. ( )
  dennislankau | Oct 15, 2011 |

No mud!

Small Pig loves to sit in good, soft mud. When the farmer's wife cleans his pigpen, Small Pig runs away. In the city he finds a new mud puddle—but it is not full of mud at all. And now Small Pig has one big problem!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:49 -0400)

Because the farmer's wife insists on cleaning his mud puddle, a little pig runs away to the city where he becomes permanently stuck in what he thought was a mud puddle.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,413,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible