The River Cottage Cookbook by Hugh…

The River Cottage Cookbook

by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

Series: A River Cottage Cookbook

"U.S. edition of the best-selling British cookbook featuring techniques and recipes for choosing, preparing, and storing food grown in the garden, butchered from prize animals, or foraged or caught locally, as well as opinions on supporting the environment, vibrant local economies, and resourceful use of plants and animals."--Provided by publisher.… (more)

I had expected more recipes I would want to cook, but an interesting read for the information about raising and butchering animals. ( )
  rlangston | Jan 3, 2015 |
I am really enjoying this book. If you do not want to read about raising livestock for future meals, don't bother. But for my whole adult life, I have dreamed of living the farm cottage life. I love all the pictures in this book. There's a two page spread in the middle of the book with a view of the pasture. The author is standing in the pasture with a bale of hay and there is a large bull and a few sheep standing in the pasture. I told my son that I wanted to live there. ( )
  TheCuriousCottage | Jan 15, 2009 |
What can I say, it's great, especially if you ever expect to keep you own animals for slaughter. He has detailed descriptions of keeping his own animals as well as being absolutely clear that veggies are his mainstay, a very very good read. ( )
  EvaElisabeth | Dec 13, 2006 |
The book contains a wonderful recipe for lobster thermidor, a few dodgy paragraphs about how best to raise livestock... and about 400 pages of advice for living a life much like his own. This is not without its pleasures.

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingsta…primary authorall editionscalculated
Wheeler, SimonPhotographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,175,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible