A Dictionary of Angels including the Fallen…

A Dictionary of Angels including the Fallen Angels (1967)

by Gustav Davidson

Growing up Protestant I didn't know much about angels. Who knew they were like smartphone apps of the heavens? Seriously, there's an angel for practically anything and everything. I really enjoyed this book and found it an incredible resource as I wrote an angel related original fiction last year. Comprehensive and easy to use, it was useful as a starting point to help me do further research certain characters. I think anyone who's interested in the supernatural will find this a handy addition to their collection. ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
Alphabetical listing of angels named in literature and Scripture, including the fallen angels. Draws from the Koran, cabalistic writings, poetry, extracanonical sources such as the Books of Enoch, and many others. Excellent reference. ( )
1 vote avanta7 | Apr 24, 2009 |
This is my go-to source whenever I'm writing something with a Judeo-Christian slant. ( )
1 vote bluedream | Apr 9, 2009 |
This is an awesome resource book. Any angel you can think of is listed here - including the fallen! ( )
1 vote ursa_diana | Sep 19, 2008 |
This is one of my favorite time waster books. It is a fascinating, detailed, and exhaustive treatment on the subject of angels and spirits of Judaic, Christian, and Islamic mythologies. The Abrahamic religions I might say. I found the Kabbalah research interesting. It seems that Jewish scholars had an angel for everything, one for every hour of the day and a demon for every hour of the night. That sort of thing; a full delineation of the Powers and Thrones emanating from the all powerful God. Very interesting book, highly recommended. ( )
1 vote cleverusername2 | Oct 28, 2007 |
Introduction:  Some years ago when I started "collecting" angels as a literary diversion, it was certainly with no thought of serving as their archivist, biographer, and finally as their lexicographer.

The result of sixteen years of research in Talmudic, gnostic, cabalistic, apocalyptic, patristic, and legendary texts, the classic reference work on angels is beautifully illustrated and its reissue coincides with the resurgence of belief in angels in America. Simultaneous.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,149,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible