Dictionary of Angels: Including the Fallen…

Dictionary of Angels: Including the Fallen Angels (1967)

by Gustav Davidson

Christopher loaned this to someone and never got it back. I used to drag it out when watching movies that had angels in them to see if they were using a Biblical reference or if they'd just made the character up. ( )
  Kitty.Cunningham | Jul 19, 2017 |
I used to carry this book around with me. It's just endlessly pleasing. A great reference book. ( )
  semjaza | Aug 4, 2016 |
Growing up Protestant I didn't know much about angels. Who knew they were like smartphone apps of the heavens? Seriously, there's an angel for practically anything and everything. I really enjoyed this book and found it an incredible resource as I wrote an angel related original fiction last year. Comprehensive and easy to use, it was useful as a starting point to help me do further research certain characters. I think anyone who's interested in the supernatural will find this a handy addition to their collection. ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
Alphabetical listing of angels named in literature and Scripture, including the fallen angels. Draws from the Koran, cabalistic writings, poetry, extracanonical sources such as the Books of Enoch, and many others. Excellent reference. ( )
1 vote avanta7 | Apr 24, 2009 |
This is my go-to source whenever I'm writing something with a Judeo-Christian slant. ( )
1 vote bluedream | Apr 9, 2009 |
Introduction:  Some years ago when I started "collecting" angels as a literary diversion, it was certainly with no thought of serving as their archivist, biographer, and finally as their lexicographer.
Gustav Davidson’s classic text, A dictionary of Angels: Including the Fallen Angels, is the result of sixteen years of research in Talmudic, gnostic, cabalistic, apocalyptic, patristic, and legendary texts. The classic reference work on angels is beautifully illustrated and its reissue coincides with the resurgence of belief in angels in America. This well researched and exquisitely illustrated dictionary is a wonderful collectable for all those who believe in angels, miracles, lore, and faith.

The result of sixteen years of research in Talmudic, gnostic, cabalistic, apocalyptic, patristic, and legendary texts, the classic reference work on angels is beautifully illustrated and its reissue coincides with the resurgence of belief in angels in America. Simultaneous.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,543,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible