The Dream Keeper and Other Poems by Langston…

The Dream Keeper and Other Poems

by Langston Hughes

4191425,318 (4.38)4

Originally published in 1932, this collection of poems is still relevant today. Sections of poems include: The Dream Keeper, Sea Charm, Dressed Up (blues poems), Feet O' Jesus, Walkers with the Dawn, Additional Poems, and Personal Note.

This version of the collection of poems includes wonderful black and white illustrations that beautifully compliment the poetry. There are a wealth of wonderful poems touching a many subjects, dreams, and emotions. The variety in this collection makes Hughes' poetry accessible to all readers - there is something for every reader to connect to.

There are many entry points available to readers in this collection on a wide range of subjects. A must in every classroom!

Poems include: The Dream Keeper, Poem, Dressed Up, The Weary Blues, Lullaby, Dream Variation, My People, I, Too, ( )
  zsvandyk | Mar 12, 2015 |
As one of my favorite poets, Langston Hughes did a wonderful job with this book. I would definitely recommend this book to many ages young and old. He has a soft melody to his words that always grabs the attention of the readers. The poem Snail was my favorite! ( )
  Trock33 | Nov 11, 2014 |
Langston Hughes knows how to grab the audience with his personal stories of growing up and his hardships through poetry. ( )
  lnmeadows | Nov 20, 2013 |
Poetry. High level.
Rhyming, metaphors, comparisons.
  TaraMichael | Oct 28, 2013 |
Although Langston Hughes passed on in the 60's, his words stay with us. He was a dreamer, and a huge role model from the Harlem Renaissance. His words allow all children to dream big, and to keep dreaming.
  Backus2 | Sep 6, 2013 |

Langston Hughesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pinkney, J. BrianIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sewell, HelenIllustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bring me all your dreams,
You dreamers,
Bring me all of your
Heart melodies
That I may wrap them
In a blue cloud-cloth
Away from the too-rough fingers
Of the world.

Illus. in black-and-white. This classic collection of poetry is available in a handsome new gift edition that includes seven additional poems written after The Dream Keeper was first published. In a larger format, featuring Brian Pinkney's scratchboard art on every spread, Hughes's inspirational message to young people is as relevant today as it was in 1932.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:34 -0400)

A collection of sixty-six poems, selected by the author for young readers, including lyrical poems, songs, and blues, many exploring the black experience.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,148,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible