How Good Is Good Enough? (LifeChange Books)…

How Good Is Good Enough? (LifeChange Books)

by Andy Stanley

Daily Study Bible: The Letter to the Hebrews by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Letters to the Philippians, Colossians and Thessalonians by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Letters to the Corinthians by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Gospel of Matthew, Volume 1, Chapters 1-10 by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Gospel of Matthew, Volume 2, Chapters 11-28 by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Revelation and the End of All Things by Craig R. Koester (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Great book that counters many of the popular views of Revelation
    Daily Study Bible: The Revelation of John, Volume 1, Chapters 1 to 5 by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Letters of James and Peter by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Letter to the Romans by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    How Your Church Family Works: Understanding Congregations as Emotional Systems by Peter L. Steinke (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Congregational Leadership in Anxious Times: Being Calm and Courageous No Matter What by Peter L. Steinke (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Letters to the Galatians and Ephesians by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Gospel of Mark by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Acts of the Apostles by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    Daily Study Bible: The Gospel of Luke by William Barclay (GSCRochesterMN)
    GSCRochesterMN: Pastor John
    The Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Classics by C. S. Lewis (GSCRochesterMN)

Read in January, 2012
Format Hardcover (edit)
Review 4*

A small thought provoking look at the misconception
of good enough for heaven.

I recommend this to all. ( )
  pennsylady | Jan 24, 2016 |
Stanley provides an excellent deconstruction of a common misconception, I have heard this expression of it: "I hope I'll go to heaven." "How do people make it?" "If they are good enough." Stanley states that this is quite commonly believed among Christians, Muslims and people of other faiths but then explodes this thought process. Christians take note! Keeping the 10 Commandments is not the way! Jesus said so! And for those of us who believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that should be enough.
Stanley looks at why "good people go to heaven" is not as fair as it instinctively seems and that the biblical message is that God shows mercy (He does not give us what we deserve) and grace (He freely gives us what we do not deserve).
I studied theology and worked in a church for many years and I am thrilled by this well crafted book that should make the concept of divine grace and forgiveness accessible to many people.
Thank you, Andy Stanley for this excellent job, for writing this instruction manual. ( )
  thedenathome | Jun 7, 2013 |
How Good is Good Enough? (LifeChange Books) by Andy Stanley (?)
  journeyguy | Apr 2, 2013 |
A great easy to read book to give to someone who thinks that by being a good person you can go to Heaven.
Andy Stanley says: "Good People do not go in Heaven"
  pecollaku | Apr 12, 2010 |

Surely there's more than one way to get to heaven? Best selling author Andy Stanley addresses this popular belief held even among Christians. Stanley leads believers and skeptics alike to a grateful awareness of God's enormous grace and mercy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,659,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible