Little Altars Everywhere: A Novel by Rebecca…

Little Altars Everywhere: A Novel (original 1992; edition 2005)

by Rebecca Wells

Member:sandykaypax
Title:Little Altars Everywhere: A Novel
Authors:Rebecca Wells
Info:Harper Paperbacks (2005), Paperback, 288 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:chick lit, Southern

Little Altars Everywhere by Rebecca Wells (1992)

English (32)  Spanish (1)  All languages (33)
Big disappointment after the Divine Secrets. ( )
  Ginerbia | Feb 14, 2014 |
I read this after DSYYS and liked it even better. Let me know how things started and understand why things became the way they did. Wonderful southern fiction that makes you feel it's not fiction at all. ( )
  shesinplainview | Jul 12, 2013 |
Probably my least favorite Ya-ya book. It was a little harder to like Vivi in this one. I don't think there was a whole lot of explanation for why she was the way she was. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
1 of 25 books for $10 bought today.

In L's room somewhere.
  velvetink | Mar 31, 2013 |
This book blew me away and I could hardly wait to get my hands on the second one, Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood. Actually, I think Little Alters is the best of the two. The film combined the two and was titled after the second book. Though in no way the same writing style, the story, hard, honest, and southern, smacks of Reynolds Priceness. You can't help but want to understand the most imperfect characters. ( )
  shesinplainview | Nov 30, 2012 |
Everything in life that we really accept undergoes a change. So suffering must become love. That is the mystery. - Katherine Mansfield
To Thomas Schworer, my beloved
Thomas Wells, my brother
T.G., my guide
and
Lodi, my home soil
In my dream, I'm five years old again and it's a summer night at our camp at Spring Creek.
Cleanliness might be next to godliness, but honey let me tell you, ugliness will get you nowhere.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0060759968, Paperback)

"It can wear you to a nub, trying to be a popular person and a good Catholic all at the same time." So says Sidda, one of the characters inhabiting Little Altars Everywhere. Author Rebecca Wells uses her considerable acting talent to perform this abridgment, adding even more spark to her already lively characters. Everyone--Shep, Vivi, Willetta, and the rest--is given a distinct voice, and Wells plays each of them to the hilt. More like a recording of a one-woman show than a mere reading, Altars is an excellent example of how entertaining audiobooks can be. (Running time: 3 hours, 2 cassettes) --C.B. Delaney

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:16 -0400)

The Walker clan, Vivi and Big Shep; their children Sidda, Little Shep, Lulu, and Baylor; Vivi's long-time girlfriends the Ya-Yas; and neighbors Cheney and Willetta, live out their lives in flamboyant and secretive style in the bayou of Thorton, Louisiana.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible