The Prayer of Jabez for Women by Darlene…

The Prayer of Jabez for Women

by Darlene Marie Wilkinson

192161,408 (4.2)1

Subtitle: Be Blessed by God

This book is based on the Jabez prayer in the Bible (1 Chronicles 4:10):
"Oh, that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory,
that your hand would be with me, and that you would keep me from evil."

I decided to read this book because I wanted to learn more about the Prayer of Jabez that the Bible talks about. What I found out is that God wants to bless us, not according to our worthiness but because we know He will answer our prayers.

Wherever you are is your territory to bless others and glorify God. God will use you to benefit others, bless others, according to His perfect plan. We need to remove our limits on what we can do and who we can become to glorify God. God wants us to have a bigger impact on the lives of others by expanding our network of influence to reach others for Christ.

On page 42, Darlene states a process to help us along in our Jabez Prayer:

*Ask God to let me do more for him.
*Aim to be available to those around me.
*Approach surprise encounters as potential Jabez Appointment.
*Acknowledge it's about God's agenda, not mine.

I believe that if we are tired, overwork and stressed we are not living the prayer of Jabez because God always leaves us exhilarated, not exhausted.

I would recommend this easy to read book to anyone who wants to feel like they are doing more for Christ as we are His Servants on earth. Darlene touches our hearts with personal stories that help understand why the Prayer of Jabez should be the first thing we say when we get out of bed each morning.