From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) (edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:varwenea
Title:From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Trade (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

Recently added bymirshad, private library, rena200, DKristi, KelseyJCrews, meganannmetcalf, CMiller600, Heelgirl77

English (151)  Italian (1)  French (1)  All languages (153)
8th in the Southern Vampire Mysteries. ( )
  boppisces | Mar 13, 2015 |
I followed up the Twilight series with the Sookie Stackhouse series. A good, soft transition into more paranormal romance. Too much hype for Charlaine Harris's books because of the HBO series than deserved. The HBO series is fine; the books are fine, but the plot/mystery of each book is simple. Very quick read -- straightforward plot with friendly characters that are easy to like. If you enjoy paranormal, you will probably enjoy this series, but there truly are more gripping, non-plain vanilla paranormal series out there (both in terms of adult scenes and dynamic realtionships between various beings in the paranormal realm). My 4-star rating is based on my thoughts just after reading, but would probably garner only 3-stars after having read Alexancer Ivy, Jacqueline Frank and Gena Showalter. I stopped reading this series after the 9th book... ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
I have to agree with other reviews I have read in relation to this book. It felt very much like an in-between book which tied up the loose ends of the last one in a sensible and 'sort of' predictable way. I did love the ending with the little boy. I had to re-read the last few pages just to make sure I had it right - it was so unexpected. I really hope we see him in future books. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
While I enjoyed the book, it wasn't my favourite of the series, in fact compared to some of the others it was a little bland. Still an enjoyable book, not as good as the others.

I did find the characters are becoming very fleshed out. Sookie is becoming a more likeable character as time goes on and there are a few supporting characters I've come to enjoy, I just wish they would have more time in the books, like Sam. I want to learn more about him and find out more about who he is. Although, perhaps that's why I like him so much, the unknown.

There were some parts of the book I found to drag a bit and as I said above, I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. I think it's setting up for future plots, but this one just didn't have the same thrill as others.

In the end, a good read but not my favourite of the series.

Would I recommend it to read: If you plan on reading the rest of the series, then yes. This one wasn't my favourite of the series, although it does set up a lot of future plot lines, that look like some interesting events are coming.

Also found on my book review blog Jules' Book Reviews - From Dead to Worse ( )
  bookwormjules | Aug 9, 2014 |
I love this series! I thought this was a definite improvement over the last book, and the ending was great. The only disappointment I had was that, relationtionship-wise, the series seems to be pretty stagnant. Other than that, great read and I hope the next comes out soon! ( )
  bonreads | Jun 11, 2014 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Though she can’t walk or see quite as well as she used to, my mother, Jean Harris, remains the most complete person I have ever met. She’s been the bulwark of my existence, the foundation I was built on, and the best mother a woman could have.
If this was The Lord of the Rings and I had a smart British voice like Cate Blanchett, I could tell you the background of the events of that fall in a really suspenseful way.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441017010, Mass Market Paperback)

New in the “addicting” New York Times bestselling series featuring Sookie Stackhouse.

After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the manmade explosion at the vampire summit, everyone—human and otherwise—is stressed, including Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is trying to cope with the fact that her boyfriend, Quinn, has gone missing.

It’s clear that things are changing—whether the weres and vamps of her corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie—Friend to the Pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, leader of the local vampire community—is caught up in the changes.

In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death, and once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood finished flowing, her world will be forever altered.

And with HBO's launching of an all-new show, True Blood, based on the Southern Vampire novels, the demand for Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse is bigger than ever.

Watch a QuickTime trailer for the HBO original series True Blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:11 -0400)

In the wake of hurricane Katrina and the explosion at the vampire summit, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse confronts the disappearance of her boyfriend Quinn and dramatic changes in the paranormal world of the vampires and weres.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,291,897 books! | Top bar: Always visible