The Unlikely Spy by Daniel Silva

The Unlikely Spy (1995)

by Daniel Silva

Recently added byprivate library, thomax, donbouquet, rwiringa, thejayray, TEColvin, karenmarie, knersus

I really loved reading this book. I've never read anything by Daniel Silva before and this was one of the best books I've ever read. The characters were full and interesting. The plot was so clever and complex. Complex, but not complicated to the point that you couldn't understand what was happening. I found the book difficult to put down at the beginning and near the end the suspense was so intense that I simply couldn't stop reading it. It's wonderful to read a book which has flawless grammar and excellent sentence structure, things I don't take for granted anymore. I plan to read as many of Daniel Silva's books as I can. A great book by an excellent author. It's hard to believe it's his first. Truly 5 stars. ( )
  bcrowl399 | Jul 23, 2015 |
Quite a plot centered around the secret deception of D-day, 1944, the invasion of France. It was a plot that was believable and used actual characters and places so that the truth could hide in a novel. I found myself referring to internet sources to determine if the people in it were real or imaginary, so the book was well researched. By the end, the plot is so twisted that one wonders who, really, is the titled "unlikely spy." ( )
  buffalogr | Dec 22, 2014 |
Another outstanding early work from Silva. This is probably one of the best 2 or 3 books I've read this year. Silva masterly weaves fiction into the history of the events leading up to D-Day. I was riveted to the pages right to the end. I recommend this book to anyone. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 21, 2014 |
Wonderful read! ( )
  AdamSauliForever | Jun 10, 2014 |
Great spy story encumbered by clumsy, almost laughable, erotic scenes. ("She arched her back to meet his pulsating .... ") But the plot is really good and kept me plowing through seemingly unending erotica. If you can stand the junk you'll enjoy the story. ( )
  dondemaio | Nov 20, 2013 |
Meiner Frau Jamie, deren Liebe, Unterstützung und unentwegte Ermutigung das Entstehen dieses Buches erst ermöglicht haben, und meinen Kindern Lily und Nicholas
Im April 1944, sechs Wochen vor der Invasion der Allierten in Frankreich, schickte der Nazi-Propagandist William Joyce, besser bekannt unter dem Namen Lord Haw-Haw, eine schockierende Botschaft an die Adresse der Briten über Rundfunk.

A World War II spy novel about a beautiful Nazi secret agent and her pursuer, a former history professor turned spy catcher. The setting is England, the time just before the D-Day landings.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible