The Accidental Werewolf (An Accidental…

The Accidental Werewolf (An Accidental Series) (edition 2011)

by Dakota Cassidy

Member:h34th3r
Title:The Accidental Werewolf (An Accidental Series)
Authors:Dakota Cassidy
Info:Berkley (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:src:h-and-h, to-read

The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy

Sassy, sexy, smart and funny. I loved these characters and hope to see more of them very soon. ( )
  BranC | Mar 31, 2016 |
In Cassidy’s paranormal romance novel, Marty Anderson was bitten by a mutt while walking her teacup poodle. Now her usually perfect blond hair is turning dark and someone wants her out of the way enough to kidnap her.

Her only hope is one Keegan Flaherty who shows up on her doorstep with a wild tale that’s difficult for anyone to believe.

This is a writer worth watching! ( )
  debbieaheaton | Mar 12, 2016 |
The story of Marty, a bland 30-year old door-to-door cosmetic saleswoman, was not to my liking. Overall, it was too transparently formulaic. Handsome, rich man pursues scrappy hard-working woman. He struggles with losing his control while falling to her charms. She struggles to assert and believe in her place in his life since they are from different worlds.

I had specific issues also. For instance, the tangled way the author introduces both Marty and her accidental werewolf bite seemed to take forever and go nowhere. I would have quit around page 75, but I was intrigued by the blunt way Ms. Cassidy deals with the logistics and not too pretty details of actually changing from human to werewolf. It had enough pull to keep me reading, but I am glad to be done. No need to read any more in the series. ( )
  sbecon | Aug 25, 2015 |
Marty Andrews is well on her way to success having worked her way up the Bobbie-Sue cosmetics chain. Marty has even gotten to the point where she can mentor Wendy and Nina. All Marty can think about is the moment when she will sell enough product to earn the coveted blue convertible and how well it will match her colour wheel. It all comes to a grinding halt when her toy puddle Muffin decides to attack her werewolf neighbour Keegan and Marty gets bitten trying to free the werewolf from Muffin, who suddenly thinks she is bigger than she is.

Before Marty knows it, she starts sprouting hair everywhere, cannot control her temper and there's a little issue with her tail appearing when she gets mad. Things turn from bad to worse when Marty finds herself kidnapped and forced into the back of car. Marty's a werewolf now and despite her desire to spend her life on colour wheels, things have to change and change fast. Then there's the issue of finding Keegan tempting as hell. Somehow, Marty has to get the hang of being a werewolf, trying to stay alive and figure out exactly what it means to be part of Keegan's pack.

At the beginning of The Accidental Werewolf, I was far from a fan of Marty. On one hand, it was nice to move away from the tough girl protagonist that we often find in this genre but on the other, Marty was simply speaking irritating. I simply couldn't take her seriously and building a career out of selling makeup and being obsessed with sending the appropriate message just irked me. I began to think differently about her when I learned that she ended a long term relationship because she wanted to focus on her career, though I still didn't take her career seriously. It irked me that she was more interested in lip gloss than figuring out what being a werewolf meant for the longest time. I will however say that Marty grew on me as the book continued on.

Marty of course is another protagonist with no family and a dead mother. This fact of course makes joining Keegan's family rather appealing. When Marty thinks about it, her focus on her career has made her extremely isolated. The only two people she can call friend are Wendy and Nina, who work under her at Bobbie-Sue and because of that, Marty has to wonder whether the word of friend is even appropriate to use with her. As it turns out, Wendy and Nina are both loyal to Marty and friend is absolutely the right word. I love Nina's take no prisoners attitude and Wendy's shy peacemaker personality.

As love interests go, Keegan is the typical alpha male werewolf. He orders Marty around, and withholds information for supposedly her own good. We are told repeatedly how handsome he is and that his scent drives Marty wild. We don't really get to know much about Keegan beyond his authoritative nature but I still felt myself feeling sorry for him every time Marty uttered the faithful words, "we need to talk." The amount of patience he showed her is remarkable, even if we take into account that he is responsible for her becoming a werewolf in the first place. Marty is quite literally a pain in the ass, and I have no idea how Keegan tolerated her, let alone fell in love with her.

The Accidental Werewolf is utterly predictable but that is to be expected from paranormal chick lit. I knew exactly who the antagonist was and why they wanted Marty out of the way. The big Perry Mason style confession didn't exactly come as a surprise. That said, I completely enjoyed the ride. If you go into The Accidental Werewolf in the right frame of mind, expecting light fluff, a little irritation and a few laughs, it's not a bad book at all. Predictability, the motivations behind the antagonists actions made perfect sense to me. I don't know that I would have gone as far as murder but a sense of betrayal for both the male and female antagonist made sense to me.

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | May 20, 2015 |
Okay, this was a great start to a series. Funny, sweet and interesting.
Can't wait to read about Nina and Wanda! ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
Well, it was official.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425219305, Paperback)

When Marty Andrews gets bitten by a mangy mutt while walking her teacup poodle, her blond hair darkens, the hair on her legs starts growing at an alarming rate, and her mood swings put her dream job as a sales rep for Bobbie-Sue Cosmetics in serious jeopardy.

Then a drool-worthy man shows up at her door claiming that he accidentally bit Marty. And since he's a werewolf, she is now, too. Thinking Keegan Flaherty is clearly insane, Marty refuses to believe a word until a kidnapping makes her realize there's more at stake than just her highlights. And she must put her out-of-control life in the hands of the man who makes her blood run wild in more ways than one...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:37 -0400)

Bitten by a mangy dog while walking her poodle, Marty is baffled by the physical and emotional changes she begins to experience until she is visited by a gorgeous man who claims to be a werewolf--and that his accidental bite has turned her into one as well.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,419,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible