The Accidental Werewolf (An Accidental…

The Accidental Werewolf (An Accidental Series) (edition 2011)

by Dakota Cassidy

Member:h34th3r
Title:The Accidental Werewolf (An Accidental Series)
Authors:Dakota Cassidy
Info:Berkley (2011), Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:src:h-and-h, to-read

The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy

Okay, this was a great start to a series. Funny, sweet and interesting.
Can't wait to read about Nina and Wanda! ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
Just pure fun. Some good points--werewolves would be hairy, right? So how often would a girl really need to shave her legs to keep it under control? Totally vacuous and absolutely pointless, but reading this isn't a bad way to kill a couple hours. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
Read for Fun/Listened for Review(Paperback/Tantor)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 3.00 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy was just as fun the 2nd time around!

Original Review circa 2010

What I LOVED: The whole freaking cast of characters. Marty made me giggle, Keegan made me drool, Nina and Wanda were perfect friends, and his family (Sloane and Mira) were fantastic. This was just such a fun read.

What I LIKED: I really liked that nobody was perfect. They all had flaws, issues, things to accept, and they all seemed to work through it. They did so in a way that was very real when dealing with family.

What was So-So/Didn't Like: Not a darn thing. Ok maybe not enough Nina :) (she is my fav)

Why I gave it a 4: Really it was nice to read a really funny, witty, cute story of boy meets girl, boy bites girl, boy turns girl into werewolf, and they all fall in love :) I would recommend this to any PNR lover that can handle the humor and lightness of a fun romance and also to any chick-lit lover who can handle the supernatural. It is well worth the read!

Review circa 2014

Second Time around thoughts: This was just as fun the 2nd time around! This is one of those books that just leave you with a smile on your face :)

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Meredith Mitchell / Length: 10 hrs and 14 mins

This is one of those times when reading the book first actually played a part into what I thought of the narration. I thought she was perfect for Wanda, pretty close on Marty, but way off in what I thought Nina sounded like. That being said, I thought the pacing and spunk were very good. I think as I listen to the rest of them, the audio rating will improve.

Final Thoughts: Fun beginning to this series. :) ( )
  thehistorychic | Jun 25, 2010 |
My Thoughts...

When I first started this book, I did not connect to Marty in anyway. I thought she was a little vacuous and her quest to climb the Bobbie Sue hierarchy of colour wheels didn’t strike me at all. But the more I read, the more I fell in love with Marty as a character.

Marty is on her way to climbing the colour wheel hierarchy at door-to-door make-up sales company Bobbie Sue. She’s just landed the coveted role of lavender (so in her colour wheel) and has two new associates under her wing to train, albeit slightly uncooperative and lacking enthusiasm. But Marty won’t let this get the better of her and takes it all in her stride.

That is until one night she attempts to rescue her dog Muffin from the teeth of a rather large dog. Keegan Flaherty turns up on her doorstep days later claiming he is in deed the dog that bit her and that she is too, like him, a werewolf.

Marty refuses to believe that she’s become a werewolf, even if her hair has changed colour and she’s going through razors at a dime a dozen.

It’s not until someone decides to throw her into the trunk of their car, and she comes to realize things are not quite all right does she turn to Keegan for help and realizes life is not what it used to be.

The book actually opens up after the event and I was a little confused for a bit thinking I’d missed something completely. But all is explained a little later on through Marty’s recollection of the past weeks events.

Final Thoughts…

I don’t usually like my PNR mixed with comedy, it doesn’t sit well with me and it doesn’t always work. But Dakota Cassidy has managed to pull it through here. Though there were moments that I felt were a little cliché, I took it all with a pinch of salt. I was far too involved with the story to care.

I definitely think this is a book I’d pick up again and read! In fact, as soon as I was done I ran out to buy the next in the series, Accidentally Dead and can’t wait to sink my teeth into it (no pun intended lol)

If you like some light hearted PNR with a dash of comedy and contemporary romance then the Accidental Series might be right up your street. I urge you to grab a copy and give it a go! I dare you not to fall for Keegan, even if he is somewhat stubborn! ( )
  xbetty | May 31, 2010 |
Not bad, but not memorable either. The book is pretty easy to get through, but the characters seem to fall a little flat. A book to put on the to-read list for those who like the paranormal chick-lit genre, but it probably wouldn't make it on a list of favorites. ( )
  lookitisheef | May 9, 2009 |
Well, it was official.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425219305, Paperback)

When Marty Andrews gets bitten by a mangy mutt while walking her teacup poodle, her blond hair darkens, the hair on her legs starts growing at an alarming rate, and her mood swings put her dream job as a sales rep for Bobbie-Sue Cosmetics in serious jeopardy.

Then a drool-worthy man shows up at her door claiming that he accidentally bit Marty. And since he's a werewolf, she is now, too. Thinking Keegan Flaherty is clearly insane, Marty refuses to believe a word until a kidnapping makes her realize there's more at stake than just her highlights. And she must put her out-of-control life in the hands of the man who makes her blood run wild in more ways than one...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:41 -0400)

Bitten by a mangy dog while walking her poodle, Marty is baffled by the physical and emotional changes she begins to experience until she is visited by a gorgeous man who claims to be a werewolf--and that his accidental bite has turned her into one as well.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,256,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible