She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of…

She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernall (edition 2000)

by Misty Bernall

Member:wisewoman
Title:She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernall
Authors:Misty Bernall
Info:Pocket (2000), Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Collections:My Library
Tags:Biography/Autobiography

She Said Yes: The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernall by Misty Bernall

The event in the title didn't happen, according to Dave Cullen's research. Not a bad book otherwise, but definitely perpetuates the terrible stereotyping and general fear state that permeated the time about things like Marilyn Manson. ( )
  earthforms | Feb 2, 2014 |
I've read this book several times. My grandma's library had a copy that I read at VBS in jr high. I also read again in high school. It is a really good book. I'm not religious but it had a profound affect on me ( )
  nicdar111 | Jun 19, 2013 |
I'm not sure whether or not to read this, since the incident described in the summary that gave Cassie such individual notoriety never actually happened that way - investigation and witness accounts since Columbine have proven that.

I would normally just say I'm not interested, particularly since I'm about as far from Christian as you can get without being an atheist. But Cassie sounds like an interesting personality for someone who was still so young. So... thinking about it. Has anyone I know read this?
  Trialia | Mar 30, 2013 |
This book is inspirational to any age. This book is based on a girl who stood up for what she believes in. She got shot for saying "Yes" she believes in God. I believe every student should read this book. It allows every student to understand how important it is to stand up for what you believe. I chose this book based on inspiration. It sends every student in the right direction in standing up for what they believe. ( )
  sarley | Nov 29, 2011 |
I love the design for the cover! My favorite part was when Ms. Bernall explained that the act of forgiving the shooters was an everyday thing. That was something that stuck out in my mind and I've used her very example when trying to comfort others in situations where they needed to forgive, but the task just seemed too overwhelming, as well as to remind myself of this.
  briannad84 | Mar 6, 2011 |

Misty Bernallprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
l'Engle, MadeleineForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Smith, Michael W.Afterwordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my daughter Cassie, the little girl who brought joy to my heart, and the brave young woman whose life has touched an entire nation;

To the twelve others who perished with her at the hands of two troubled classmates at Columbine High on April 20, 1999: Steven Curnow, Corey DePooter, Kelly Fleming, Matthew Kechter, Daniel Mauser, Daniel Rohrbough, David Sanders, Rachel Scott, Isaiah Shoels, John Tomlin, Lauren Townsend and Kyle Velasquez;

To the countless others who suffered physical and emotional injury on that day and are still haunted by the trauma;

And finally, to my husband, Brad, and our son, Chris, who I cherish more than ever before.
April 20, 1999 forever changed me and my life.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0743400526, Mass Market Paperback)

In the aftermath of the Columbine High School tragedy, a story came out about Cassie Bernall, a young woman who allegedly professed her belief in God in the moments before she was shot dead. Hailed a modern-day martyr by Christian groups and the media, detectives revealed months later that she may never have had such an exchange with her killer. Bernall's parents responded to the news with a statement:

"Our intent was to share Cassie's story in an effort to encourage parents and teenagers. If any of our actions have hurt or offended anyone, we sincerely apologize."

In She Said Yes, a moving memoir written by Cassie's mother, Misty Bernall, we meet the real Cassie, a typical adolescent who struggles with peer pressure and her relationship with her parents. Once headed down the common teenage path of self-loathing and depression, Cassie turned her life around through her faith and the support of a group of people who helped her find peace and purpose--her youth group at church. Though Cassie was far from the perfect child, She Said Yes tells the story of how Cassie's faith gave her the strength to overcome the obstacles she faced in her young life. Regardless of what happened at Columbine, She Said Yes is a moving tribute to an extraordinary young woman and a lesson for both parents and teenagers alike.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:00 -0400)

Story of Columbine High School student Cassie Bernall.

Plough Publishing House

Eight editions of this book were published by Plough Publishing House.

Editions: 0743400526, 0874869870, 0874869226, 0849916453, 3765516457, 1567404928, 0874869145, 0002000458

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,667,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible