Danny's First Snow by Leonid Gore

Danny's First Snow

by Leonid Gore

Danny wakes up to his first snow. He has never seen it before. When he goes outside he comes across a few "snow" animals. he thinks they are real animals. When he ges home his mother asks him if he discovered what snow meant. He said yes and that he couldn't wait to fin out what snow would be tomorrow.
  tina265 | Feb 26, 2014 |
Pretty cute book, but nothing out of the ordinary here. Nice, "wintery" illustrations. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
(I’m thankful that the author used capital letters in the text of the story.)

I had forgotten that I had read danny*s first snow before—when Steven was living with us. But I remember now his reaction to it: he didn’t get it.

Gore has drawn “delicate pastels and acrylics” of snowy outdoor scenes where the trees and bushes look like different animals. Steven couldn’t figure out where the animals were. On one page where he did see them, he didn’t understand that it was also a picture of a tree with snow on it.

But I can hardly blame him – I’ve never seen trees and bushes that look like that and I’ve seen plenty snow-covered nature. The story itself wasn’t anything special, either.

I’m sorry, Leonid, but I think it’s worth only 2 stars.

Written & illustrated by: Leonid Gore 2007
Published by: ginee seo books NY 2007 ( )
  ParadisePorch | Jan 17, 2013 |
A rhyming book with a young chanracter who has never seen snow. The snow made animal figures on the ground and he played with them. He learned that the snow will change every day. ( )
  smorales | Aug 26, 2011 |

When he ventures outside to experience his first snowfall, a young rabbit discovers that his world has greatly changed.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,539,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible