One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book…

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Jeaniene Frost

1,520None4,825 (4.23)45
Member:sidhevicious
Title:One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Urban Fantasy, Vampire

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Recently added bywarangel820, nhazara, paolaloris, private library, Kanic, cocktailsandbooks, Kat_Hooper, dmhauser

English (84)  Italian (2)  All languages (86)
Still a 5 Star read. ( )
  cocktailsandbooks | Apr 7, 2014 |
I need more now! This one was even better than the first! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
I really liked this book and was surprised to find it had so much more "story" to it than I expected. After the first book I think I thought it would have more sexy stuff and while there was on intense chapter the rest was mostly action and character development. A really good read though and I'm anxious to start on the next Night Huntress. ( )
  LisaT131 | Sep 21, 2013 |
This series is ok. Not my favorite. Here's the reading order of this series and the spin-offs:

Halfway to the Grave
One Foot in the Grave
At Grave's End
Destined for an Early Grave
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World)
Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World)
This Side of the Grave
One Grave at a Time
Once Burned (Night Prince)
Twice Tempted (Night Prince) ( )
  KateBond | Sep 20, 2013 |
Cat is back. Now at the head of her own government established force to police and hunt down vampires. 4 years have passed since the last book and she's grown to a powerful, confident leader and a lethal warrior.

But 4 years have also passed without Bones who she can't stop thinking about. As is almost inevitable, he finds her. But he's not the only blast from the past that shows up on her doorstep – her old boyfriend is leaking information about her too assassins and her father, the vampire who raped her mother, has finally raised his head on the scene and it doesn't look like a happy reunion.

And one of her targets got away – well she let him get away. And now he's intrigued and curious and wants to add Cat to his collection of toys. He's unwilling to accept no for an answer and is quite happy to target her colleagues and family to make it happen

And through all this she has to reconcile her old love with her new job, convince her vampire hunting work mates to accept Bones or to decide whether she should leave the job or again deny her lover – to say nothing of her mother who still carries a bitter hatred for all the undead.

A lot of this book is devoted to sex. Thinking about sex, wanting sex, having sex – and, perhaps above all – being jealous and possessive. I think the whole Tate loving Cat was a distracting and unnecessary source of tension and drama (as well as very unprofessional) same with Juan's innuendos and the whole drama between Annette and Cat. A lot of the book was devoted to sex scenes (and the 20 minute orgasm that resulted in screams that apparently damaged her vocal chords *eye roll*) already that I felt were a distraction but, ok, after 4 years apart of celibacy and unrequited horniness, err, love I mean love, I can live with it. But throw in the snarking jealousy plots and we had a lot of wasted text, distractions and completely unnecessary interludes into the story. They also seemed to petty and childish I had to double check to see if I hadn't picked up another highschool YA – these characters range in age from 28 to 200 but completely failed to act it. Basically, I felt I had to plough through both reams of humping AND reams of snarking and bitter fighting to get to the actual plot.

Read more ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my father. You are now, and will always be, my hero.
I waited outside the large, four-story home in Manhasset that was owned by a Mr. Liam Flannery.
Life's a bitch and then one stabs you.
I opened my mouth -- and had nothing to refute that with. Damn people who argued using logic. Talk about unfair. (pg 224)

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head - wanted: dead or half-alive - means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever ... and Bones won't let her get away again.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061245097, Mass Market Paperback)

You can run from the grave, but you can't hide . . .

Being around him awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline kick of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard she tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever . . . and that Bones won't let her get away again.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:25 -0400)

Now a Special Agent working to eliminate the rogue undead, half-vampire Cat Crawfield reluctantly teams up with Bones, her vampire former lover and mentor, when she is targeted for assassination by a dangerous adversary.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,485,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible