One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book…

One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Jeaniene Frost

Member:sidhevicious
Title:One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)
Authors:Jeaniene Frost
Info:Avon (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Urban Fantasy, Vampire

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

English (95)  Italian (1)  All languages (96)
At the end of all these books the only thing I can think is why didn't I read this earlier? Another great installment! ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Great follow up to the first book in the series. You can see Frost building up more of her world in this one. It was also nice to see how Cat has matured in the four years since the events of the first book. She's a much stronger and capable heroine, I enjoyed her character a lot better in this book. She just had a couple of stupid moments that could have been avoided if she didn't think she knew more about vampire culture than Bones.

This one didn't feel as gritty as the first book and I definitely missed that throughout the story. The plot also lacked the suspense of that Halfway to the Grave had. However, the ending was a lot more satisfying in this one. I wouldn't recommend picking up this book unless you've read the first. Too much continuity between them for this to work well as a stand-alone. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
I have just loved every book that has been written by this author. Its been quite some time since I have read One Foot in the Grave. As the second in the series, we see a continuation in Cat and Bones. The first one left off with Cat leaving Bones and starting a new life with a new identity and working for the government. I found Cat to be much stronger as a character in this one. I loved seeing the conflict and struggle between Cat and Bones, and I never liked how she left Bones in the first place. So I just adored seeing them get back together for good, and its always fun to see a intense plot unfold in such a fast paced way that makes you go to the edge of your seat. We still see the same sensuality and sexy intensity that comes along with Frosts writing. There is a certain way about her that she just captivates the reader instantly and makes it almost impossible to put it down. There is a sexy edge and a playful note to this story, a successful blend of romance, danger and intense emotion that will leave you thirsting for more. A Must read!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Dec 6, 2014 |
I am totally and completely in love with this series and with Bones, or course. This is the second book in the 'Night Huntress' series and it was just as good as the first. The plot moves quick and most definitely has enough heat to keep you reading. Ahem, and contains the infamous "chapter 32"...hint: read it, its awesome! I don't think I have ever read anything that steamy in my life. Everything about this book was awesome, what can I say. I also hope that Tate gets the stick out of his butt. Just saying.... ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Everything you could want from a book: action, romance, mystery and humour. So sad that it took years for Bones to find Cat again and I was so happy when they got back together. Looking forward to reading [b:At Grave's End|3570231|At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)|Jeaniene Frost|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255612617s/3570231.jpg|3612435]. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gilbert, TaviaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my father. You are now, and will always be, my hero.
I waited outside the large, four-story home in Manhasset that was owned by a Mr. Liam Flannery.
Life's a bitch and then one stabs you.
I opened my mouth -- and had nothing to refute that with. Damn people who argued using logic. Talk about unfair. (pg 224)

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield is now Special Agent Cat Crawfield, working for the government to rid the world of the rogue undead. She's still using everything Bones, her sexy and dangerous ex, taught her, but when Cat is targeted for assassination, the only man who can help her is the vampire she left behind.

Being around Bones awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline rush of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head - wanted: dead or half-alive - means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard Cat tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever ... and Bones won't let her get away again.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061245097, Mass Market Paperback)

You can run from the grave, but you can't hide . . .

Being around him awakens all her emotions, from the adrenaline kick of slaying vamps side by side to the reckless passion that consumed them. But a price on her head—wanted: dead or half-alive—means her survival depends on teaming up with Bones. And no matter how hard she tries to keep things professional between them, she'll find that desire lasts forever . . . and that Bones won't let her get away again.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:25 -0400)

Now a Special Agent working to eliminate the rogue undead, half-vampire Cat Crawfield reluctantly teams up with Bones, her vampire former lover and mentor, when she is targeted for assassination by a dangerous adversary.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,748,108 books! | Top bar: Always visible