Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks

Message in a bottle (1998)

by Nicholas Sparks

Recently added byelya33, blog_gal, private library, griscat, Pages_Aplenty, paulstalder

English (41)  Italian (2)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (47)
Message in a Bottle my Nicolas Sparks was about a girl named Theresa. Theresa is a divorced woman with a 12 year old son. One weekend Theresa's ex husband decided to take their son David on a trip. Theresa decides to enjoy her free time and spend a weekend away with her friend Deana. One early morning, Theresa decided to go take a relaxing jog on the beach. She stopped and stood in the water copying a man standing near her. He looked like he was relaxed so she decided to do the same. When Theresa reopened her eyes, she noticed that the man was gone sop she decided to head back to the house. While walking back Theresa stumbled upon a bottle with something inside. She popped the top of the bottle and read the letter. It was a love letter written only three days ago. It sounded like the girl, Catherine, had left her spouse in some way. Garrett's, Catherine's spouse, words had sounded so sincere and after not having felt true love in a long time, Theresa had wanted to find out who this guy was and what was his story.

I found this book okay. It had a very intriguing start, but throughout the rest of the novel it did not spark my interest as much as I had hoped. I would recommend this book to anyone who has patience while reading. ( )
  br14elmo | Jun 13, 2014 |
Message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks
Theresa Osborn is a columnist out of Boston and her son Kevin is on vacation with his dad. Theresa is on the Cape enjoying her time by herself when she finds a bottle on the beach with a note inside.
Her editor thinks they should do a story about the letter...the research leads her to Wrightshead Beach off the coast and she does run into the person who wrote the letters. More had surfaced since the story was published in the paper.
The story also follows Garrett and his marina experience and his life with Katherine and their times together.
Loved hearing of the water, navigation by stars and surrounding areas and their journey together as what they do in actions are paralleled to what Katerhine and Garrett had done...
Untold secrets could keep them away from one another, will they reveal them?
  jbarr5 | Feb 13, 2014 |
My favorite Nicholas Sparks' book yet. ( )
  berthacummins | Jan 1, 2014 |
The book was okay. Nicholas Sparks definitely has better works. ( )
  RamzArtso | Sep 15, 2013 |
I tried to read this again in an attempt to see if the book earned its place on the shelf. Book real estate is precious in my house. I couldn't get through the first few chapters. I liked Theresa, but don't like the idea of giving up on life because you are a single parent, have an ex-husband who cheated on you and don't have a boyfriend.
  jlapac | Aug 14, 2013 |
For Miles and Ryan
The bottle was dropped overboard on a warm summer evening, a few hours before the rain began to fall.

dvd

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446606812, Mass Market Paperback)

If you thought The Notebook was a tearjerker, get out the hankies, pull up a chair, and get ready to have your heart monkey-wrenched by Nicholas Sparks's second star-crossed love story, Message in a Bottle. When Theresa Osborne takes a much-needed summer holiday at Cape Cod, she finds a lot more than a break from the hustle and bustle. On an early-morning jog along Cape Cod Bay, she comes across a corked bottle with a scrolled-up message inside that reads, "My Dearest Catherine, I miss you, my darling, as I always do, but today is especially hard because the ocean has been singing to me, and the song is that of our life together..." It bobbles around in the same vein for several more paragraphs and ends with "...am alone on the pier and I do not care what others think as I bow my head and cry and cry and cry. Garret."

Garret may eat quiche, but no bother--before you can say "Look! I found two more letters!" Theresa is hot on his trail and determined to find this mysterious yet sensitive message-in-a-bottle man. She finds him at a sleepy North Carolina port, working on his beloved sailboat, The Happenstance. From there, a romance buds and blossoms into a colorful bouquet of emotional baggage. Theresa has problems with her past--or, more accurately, her past is a problem. She is so scarred from her "I'm a super churchgoing guy now that I've run out on my wife" ex-husband that she hasn't tried to date since her divorce some three or four years before. And who is Catherine? And what's Garret's bag, anyway? When Theresa finds out, she plunges to the depths of her soul and uncorks a whopper of a secret about herself, bringing Garret to terms with who he really is.

Message in a Bottle has the earmarks of sentimental tongue-wagging at its finest and should please romantics and cynics alike--it's sure to bring romantics to their knees, while cynics will be slapping theirs in laughter. --Rebekah Warren

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:45 -0400)

Divorced and disillusioned about relationships, Theresa Osborne is jogging when she finds a bottle on the beach. Inside is a letter of love and longing to "Catherine", signed simply "Garrett". Challenged by the mystery and pulled by emotions she doesn't fully understand, Theresa begins a search for this man that will change her life. What happens to her is unexpected, perhaps miraculous--an encounter that embraces all our hopes for finding someone special, for having a love that is timeless and everlasting.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,616,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible