Show No Mercy by Cindy Gerard

Show No Mercy

by Cindy Gerard

English (6)  German (1)  All languages (7)
I read this after a whole men in uniform kick....Im blooming glad I did. Gabe is an ex-special forces man who now works with a gang of elite blokes who do dirty work for the US Government off the record. Jenna is a international war reporter who just happens to have annoyed a very nasty man! The pace of this book is brilliant and I couldnt put it down. It is your typical romance in the fact that 60% of the plot is definately the romance and there is blatently a HEA on the cards but thats where the similarities end. The background story is full of blood and grit and the pace is super quick. Gabe has his big nasty bagage is the fact that his last girlfriend met a very gruesome end and he watched. The refreshing thing about jennas charcater is that she is more than happy to be in a relationship with Gabe without usual annoying Im scared of commitment rubbish. The rest of the charcters are written well and I have to say the sub-plot of Nate(the big boss) and Julianna made me quite sad!

Well recommended.....bring on the docs book :D ( )
  Scorchingrevs | Sep 21, 2013 |

The first book of Cindy Gerard's new Series, Black Ops Inc. piggybacks off the last book of her other series Bodyguards. We met Gabe "Archangel" Jones and Jenna in [b:Into the Dark|341335|Into the Dark (Bodyguard, #6)|Cindy Gerard|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1316727505s/341335.jpg|3305148]. Back then I couldn't wait to read the stories of the mercenary type men, who seemed even tougher than the Garrett boys. I wasn't disappointed; far from it.

Journalist, Jenna McMillan is back and chasing down another story which leads her back to the place of her fears, Buenos Aires. When she's nearly a victim of a bomb explosion, her saviors come in the form of the hunky hero of her dreams, Gabe "Archangel" Jones, and his team. It soon becomes clear that Jenna seems to be the main target and Gabe steps in to do everything he can to protect her, because it's what he does, not because he has feelings for her. Or so he keeps telling himself. Gabe's fiance was killed during one of his Ops and he never got over it.

At first I didn't like Jenna and her smart mouth. Her constant barrage of questioning and poking made her not very likeable, but once she got Gabe to open up a little and she toned down her abrasive nature, her jokes and personality won me over.

Gabe and Jenna were a great pairing. Their bickering served as comedic relief whenever the plot got really heavy. I bawled a lot during this story and my heart broke for both of them whenever Gabe shut down or shut her out. I cheered for Jenna when she plucked up her courage and showed, rather than told Gabe how she felt. The ending was dramatic but beautiful.

5 stars all the way!

SWOON!

MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |
It's not you, Gerard. It's me. Kind of...I'm just so used to my heroes being able fly/regenerate their health/drink blood/turn into a wolf/read minds/move at impossible speeds.I just guess a super commando butch dude with no super powers or abilities couldn't keep up with those kind of expectations. And to be honest, who could?But something did get at me about Show No Mercy though.You see, my Babcia (Pronounced: Bub-shia) and dziedek (Pronounced Jad-eck) watch those Danielle Steele movies that come on cheap dvd with bad actors, soft lighting and really horrible late 80's-early 90's fashion.Every time Babcia makes us watch one she says, "Is so beautiful! Like real life! Very sad! You watch! I make nallashniki" (Clarification: I don't know how to write the polish word for Nallashniki so I've written it as pronounced. Knowing Polish it's probably something like Nalaszcnizckizzzzyzyxyzyzyxywqw)So then we inevitably end up watching some very tragic movie about some chick whose husband dumps her because she got pregnant and she meets some really nice, and handsome, divorcee who takes care of her until she has the baby and then her husband wants her back but her new boyfriend has cancer and then... well, I don't know because we end up falling asleep to protect our brains from the pain.Well, those movies so reminded me of this book. She's a journalist (they always are, aren't they!) he's a mercinary fighting for good, evil is afoot. He's dangerous and sexy and she's fiery and stubborn. It was just so very... predictable. He can't be tamed and she's so sexy that he can't help but try to protect her... blah blah blah.It just isn't my thing.Now some one point me in the direction of the vampires! ( )
  KatKennedy | Mar 28, 2012 |
This book is the first book in a new series and has characters that where probably introduced in INTO THE DARK. I haven't read the book yet but from what I gather from this book it picks up about nine months after INTO THE DARK ends. So you show probably read all the Bodyguard series before starting this series. I like this books a lot more than I did the first book that I read by Ms. Gerard. There is a good amount of steamy sex and a woman determined to show the man she loves that he is worth more than he thinks he is. There is also a good deal of suspense and a bad guy that is just EVIL. You really should read INTO THE DARK before reading this book. I missed the back story that is continued in this story. I would definitely recommend this book. ( )
  LadyIsis | Oct 8, 2011 |
"Show No Mercy", the first book in the Black Ops trilogy, is a fast paced romantic suspense with plenty of action and lots of sizzle. Gabe Jones is a troubled member of the Black Ops team, haunted by the violent death of his girlfriend. Jenna McMillan is a no nonsense reporter who storms into his life and won't be daunted by his demons. A great read, sexy and smart. ( )
  boleyn | Mar 23, 2009 |
"Tracer rounds zipped across the murky darkness, lighting up the night sky in brilliant slashes of red, yellow and green."
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

From the back cover:

The sexy heroes of Black Ops, Inc., a covert private security team, sizzle in New York Times bestselling author Cindy Gerard's electrifying new romantic suspense series.

— THE SULTRY HEAT... —
Only two things can compel journalist Jenna McMillan back to Buenos Aires after terrorists held her captive there just months before: a rare interview with a shadowy billionaire and the memory of the dark and dangerous man who saved her....

HIDES THE DEADLIEST THREATS...

Bad guys, bombs, and bullets are Gabriel Jones's way of life. But he'll never forget the brash redhead he rescued not so long ago...or the passionate kiss they shared before he sent her packing....

AND EXPOSES THE DEEPEST DESIRES.

Now, forced together by a bombing at the National Congress, Jenna and Gabe confront the urgent longings that simmer between them. But this surprise meeting is no coincidence. A ruthless enemy stalks them with deadly precision.

The question is...if they make it out alive, will Gabe turn his back on Jenna...again?

Leaving the CIA to take a job with Black Ops, Inc., a private security and intelligence firm specializing in jobs the military and CIA will not touch, Gabriel Jones becomes involved with American journalist Jenna McMillan when she accidentally becomes caught in the middle of an assassination plot Gabriel is trying to foil in Buenos Aires.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,094,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible