Stranger with My Face by Lois Duncan

Stranger with My Face

by Lois Duncan

6811914,027 (3.62)22

I would assign this book as summer reading or as in class reading to perhaps a fifth through eight grade class. Upon returning to school or during designated class time, the students would be given activities to do together that emphasizes character change and promotes social skills. I could use this book as a read aloud for these same grades to encourage inferencing based on textual evidence and to promote conclusive class discussion and critical thinking.
  Courtney_Kelley | Feb 19, 2017 |
This Book was amazing, this was one of those books that i couldn't put down, not just because it was good, but I had to know what would happen next. ( )
  emwelilyls | Jul 9, 2016 |
I remember loving this one when I was younger and always staring at the cover. Come on, it's addictive right? ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Fell head over heels for this book The very first time I read it. Captivating, and wonderfully written it kept my on the edge of my seat and held my interest until the very end. I plan on 're-reading and 're-reading it many times over in the future. Amazing plot along with attention grabbing twists and turns. Truly one of the beat novels I read in this year so far. Loved it. ( )
  AriannaBug | Jul 5, 2014 |
I would recommend stranger with my face to anyone after a good, exciting and slightly unnerving story with a huge twist that I couldn’t possibly spoil.
Laurie thinks she’s living a normal teenage life until everything starts to go pear shaped.
I really can’t describe how amazing this book was, it was well worth ordering it from across the Atlantic.
The best bit about this book was the way you connect with the characters, you learn so much about them you can feel as if you’re in the book.
This is where I would generally put the worst bit but I honestly can’t think of anything bad about it! IT WAS AMAZING!
I will strongly recommend this awesome book by an awesome author because it’s well written and scared me in a really exciting way. In this book, no one’s safe.
It will take you through all the emotions: fear, love, confusion (in a good way), surprise, sadness and happiness.
Hope this helps ( )
  kathy_chiff | Sep 29, 2013 |
For David and Marie Martin

Mary Ann, Johanna and Elizabeth
My name is Laurie Stratton. I'm seventeen years old, and I live at the Cliff House on the northern tip of Brighton Island.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440983568, Mass Market Paperback)

Have you ever been haunted by the feeling that someone is spying on you, lurking around your house and yard, even entering your bedroom? Are your friends plotting against you when they say they've seen you do things you know you haven't done? What's going on -- and does Laurie really want to find out?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:14 -0400)

A seventeen-year-old senses she is being spied on and probably impersonated, but when she discovers what actually is occurring, it is more unbelievable than she ever imagined.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,488,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible