In the Time of Dinosaurs by Katherine…

The Animorphs are trapped in the time of Dinosaurs. They have to fight to survive and find a way back to their own time. I was able to figure out what would happen before they did. There is an inconsistency that is never explained about how they heal. All we get is we'll ask Ax later. It was annoying and unnecessary. It was just done as a cheap way to make the story more exciting ( )
  nx74defiant | Mar 12, 2017 |
I actually really enjoyed this story though I will note that it's not an essential read as it doesn't really tie in to the rest of the series. It's the first book where the Yeerks do not feature, though I would recommend reading the first eighteen books of the series (especially The Forgotten, as this introduces the concept of Sario Rips) before this one.

The story is just fun. The Animorphs suffer a freak accident and find themselves in the late Cretaceous Period. To make matters worse, the're also caught in a struggles between two alien races - the vicious Nesk and the peaceful Mercora - both of whom are trying to settle Earth. To make matters even more worse, a large comet has appeared in the sky...

As far as the series goes, the book is just a filler story. It serves no real purpose (other than to add more fuel to Cassie's breakdown that has been building over the previous three) but it is action packed and enjoyable. It's fun to see the Animorphs using their powers to survive in a dangerous new environment and having to figure out ways to prevent themselves from become T-Rex chow.

Unfortunately, it's not perfect. I still don't like the Megamorphs series for its sheer number of narrators. There's just no need for it and I often found myself forgetting which Animorph was providing the perspective for the chapters because they didn't sound distinct enough. I also found it hard to believe that only Tobias knew anything about dinosaurs. I mean, the characters even referenced Jurassic Park yet couldn't identify more than just the Triceratops and T-Rex. They didn't even realise the significance of the comet until Tobias explained it at the end of the story. As the whole cast is presumably in their early teens, you would think that more of them would be aware of this fact that many people learn when they're little.

Though, despite my gripes, it's a fun book and I'd recommend it. The biggest disappointment was the brief ending, as all events are wrapped up within a couple of pages but, up until that point, it's great for light entertainment. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | Sep 28, 2016 |
A short comment for every book of the series until I get a chance to re-read them. All three of my sons and I loved this series and read every single book - I even bought every single book (most, but not all, used; some through school book sales). I'm excited to re-read them to see how the five main characters develop and to watch all the different transformations again. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Animorphs was a good series that kept me reading. Enjoyed these as a kid. ( )
  wodenthewanderer | Apr 2, 2013 |

Dinosaurs died out about 60 million years ago. That sounds like a hard, Cretacious fact. Unless you're an Animorph -- a kid who can morph into any animal ... extinct or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:04 -0400)

An explosion occurs that blows everything millions of years back in time. Back to the age of dinosaurs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,827,755 books! | Top bar: Always visible